ObjectiveThe Youth Job Connection program is designed to help young people between the ages of 15-29, who face serious barriers to employment. It provides access to employability and employment skills development, along with education/training and work experiences. The goal is to achieve long-term employment, meaningful careers and success in their future work lives.
The program consists of:
- PAID pre-employment workshops
- Job-matching and paid job placement including placement support for participants and incentives for employers
- Job mentorship and counselling support
- Employment transition support
Jobs placements and employment transition supports dependent on current COVID restrictions.
- Participants receive a stipend when they participate in pre-employment services. The amount of the stipend is set at the provincial minimum wage*, per participant. Clients are required to complete a minimum of sixty (60) hours of pre-employment workshops, up to a maximum of ninety (90) hours.
- Employment Supports are available, to a maximum of $1000. Exceptions over the maximum limit are permitted for persons with disabilities. Example of supports that can be covered include work clothing, equipment, childcare and transportation costs.
- Employers are eligible for a maximum wage subsidy, of up to the current minimum wage rate, per hour.
NEXT YJC START DATE IS MAY 17TH 2021!
To inquiry about this program, please contact Employment and Training Coach, Marjorie Henhawk, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via text/call at 519-732-6128.
- Youth ages fifteen (15) to twenty-nine (29) (twenty-nine , at the time of registration).
- A resident of Ontario.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Not participating in full-time education or training, as defined by the institution.
- Facing multiple barriers to employment.
- *GREAT will ensure that participants, who are fifteen (15) years old, to under eighteen (18), will be legally excused from attending high school.