G.R.E.A.T. has an exciting scholarship opportunity with S.E.E.D. for Six Nations apprentices! The S.E.E.D. initiative helps Six Nations band members qualify for technology courses through the Six Nations Polytechnic, including the Native Diploma Access Program. The Science Education and Employment Development (S.E.E.D.) is a collaboration between Imperial Oil and Six Nations of the Grand River Territory that has focused upon providing educational initiatives and the skills needed for careers with imperial, petroleum industry and other manufacturing industries.
- Open to Six Nations band members, regardless of residency, registered with Grand River Employment and Training.
- Must be a registered apprentice with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development or another provincial apprenticeship registrar.
- Must be working or currently unemployed and pursuing employment in a registered trade recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Must have completed either Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 in-class training between September 1, 2020, and November 30, 2021.
- Must have an overall average of 70% or more at one of the levels and demonstrate financial need.
- Apprentices are eligible to receive a SEED Apprenticeship Award on a one-time basis only.