Grand River Employment and Training is pleased to announce an exciting scholarship opportunity with S.E.E.D. for Six Nations apprentices! The Science Education and Employment Development (S.E.E.D.) is a collaboration between Imperial Oil and Six Nations of the Grand River Territory that focuses on providing educational initiatives and the skills needed for careers within the imperial and petroleum industries, as well as other manufacturing industries.
We are pleased to announce that through this initiative we are awarding SIX apprenticeship students with a $2000 scholarship!
The S.E.E.D. initiative is also designed to help students from Six Nations qualify for technology courses offered through Six Nations Polytechnic, including the Native Diploma Access Program.
- Open to Six Nations band members, regardless of residency, registered with Grand River Employment and Training.
- Must be a registered apprentice with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development or another provincial apprenticeship registrar.
- Must be working or currently unemployed and pursuing employment in a registered trade recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Must have completed either Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 in-class training between September 1, 2020, and November 30, 2021.
- Must have an overall average of 70% or more at one of the levels and demonstrate financial need.
- Apprentices are eligible to receive a SEED Apprenticeship Award on a one-time basis only.
Fill out the form attached below:
The application deadline date is Monday, November 29th 2021 at 4:00 pm.