ObjectiveThe Employment Supports Program is designed to provide supports necessary for individuals to enter or re-enter the labour market or to maintain employment. Employment Supports may be used to cover costs, including but not limited to: • Purchase of work clothes • Certification and testing • Equipment (e.g. safety glasses) • Bus tickets • Driver’s license • Bus fare or daycare on a limited/emergency basis • Other costs that are determined as eligible • Birth Certificates • Social Insurance Numbers • Criminal Records Official Pardon
To qualify for the Employment Support Program, participants must be:
- An unemployed or underemployed member of Six Nations of the Grand River, who is actively seeking employment.
- Individuals who do not have access to employment support elsewhere.
- Registered with Grand River Employment and Training.
- Prior approval is required from the ETC and the appropriate Team Leader.
- Amounts exceeding the maximum of $1000 must be approved by the Programs and Services Manager.
- Receipts are required and are due to GREAT within 1 month of receiving supports.
- A letter of offer/employment must be provided.
- A client must have made an appointment within 2 weeks of starting employment
- An employment support allowance up to a maximum of $1000 may be provided twice per fiscal, if required, for a total of $2,000.
- Exception to the $1000 start-up allowance may be permitted, under special circumstances, such as for people with disabilities. A ETC or Team Lead may recommend a TES exceeding the maximum amount of $1000, but final approval is done by the Programs and Services Manager.