Website Wigwamen Incorporated
Ontario's oldest and largest urban Indigenous housing provider
Wigwamen Incorporated is a non-profit housing corporation providing affordable rental accommodation. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organized Maintenance Assistant Trainee to join and support our team. The Maintenance Assistant Trainee will be responsible for supporting the timely completion of tenant related maintenance services, including unit turnovers, service calls and emergency maintenance issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the timely completion of tenant-related maintenance services
- Evaluate and respond to emergencies in an appropriate manner
- Support the completion of minor repairs; and other work as assigned
- Maintain records, in accordance with company policy
- Report to management regarding persistent maintenance problems
The preferred candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A clean criminal record and background check
- Attention to detail and accuracy in maintaining records
- Good computer skills and demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), analytical and tenant relation skills
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The physical and technical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, the Building Code and/or Fire Code is an asset
- The ability to lift 25 pounds, and use an 8’ step ladder
This position is being funded by Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training, and Service Canada. Candidates must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training and must be working with an Employment Specialist to be eligible for the position.
This is a full-time, contract position. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, April 7, 2021. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wigwamen Incorporated welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls, please.