Website The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
The MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION
is accepting applications for the contract position of
“Family Support Worker”
Closing Date: Thursday May 13, 2021 @ 12:00PM
Under the direction of the Family Support Supervisor, the Family Support Worker is responsible for providing direct support to individual clients and families, by providing family counselling services, handling Case Management service coordination for clients and facilitating the development of self-help support groups; assisting with protection investigation, child placement and supervision requirements; and assisting with the general unit administration.
- University degree in Social Work
- OR a university degree in a related field with two (2) years therapeutic counselling experience
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or a willingness to undertake registration
- Working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act
- Be knowledgeable about Mississaugas of the Credit culture and social structure
- Be familiar with traditional approaches to helping
- Be thoroughly familiar with MCFN human services principles, policy and other service resources
- Have extensive knowledge of therapeutic intervention and of the range of evidence-based treatment modalities that are employed in prevention
- Solid background in computers with specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Class “G” Drivers licence and be willing to upgrade to Class “F”
- Must have a satisfactory result from a Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector check.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain by the end of the probationary period
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends
Hourly Rate: $24.43 – $34.79
Term: Ending December 17, 2021
Please submit your cover letter, resume, proof of educational qualifications and three current references to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the MCFN Admin Building or by email at email@example.com
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.