Website Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
- To ensure the effective, fair and responsible operations of the Maawdoo Maajaamin Child Care (MMCC) within the mission and visions statement, policies and guidelines set by the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation (MCFN) by:
- Ensuring that the child-care operations are consistent with the levels of standard equal to, if not surpassing, that of the provincial and federal regulations and guidelines, including the need to cover staff (all positions) to ensure smooth program operations.
- Promoting and implementing Anishinaabe language and cultural practices.
- To aid in the improvement and effectiveness of the Child Care services offered, by:
- Striving to improve and expand on existing programs
- Pursuing new and culturally appropriate methods of early childhood teachings and tools that reflect the unique learning environment established.
Education and Experience
- Must hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education from an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology,
- OR a diploma from a recognized post-secondary program recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators
- OR a letter of recognition of equivalency issued by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (AECEO).
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience providing licensed child care and is approved by a Director of the Ministry of Education or in the opinion of a Director, is capable of planning and directing the program of a child care centre, being in charge of children and overseeing staff
- A good working knowledge of the Early Childhood Educators Act, the Child Care Early Years Act and a solid understanding of the managerial requirements of operating a licensed Child Care Centre;
- A good working knowledge of the Canada Labour Code Part II; and the Child and Family Services Act;
- Solid background in computers with specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with the public
- Ability to multi-task and work productively in stressful situations
- Must have 2 years experience supervising staff in a related field.
- Must have a current (within 6 months of date of hire) satisfactory result from a Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector check
- Must provide up-to-date immunization records, or a letter stating exemption on grounds of religion, conscience or medical recommendation.
- Must provide a current Health Assessment signed by a Healthcare Practitioner (form provided by the Employer).
- Must obtain a Safe Food Handlers Certificate.
- Current Standard First Aid and Infant Child CPR Certificate Level C, from a WSIB recognized organization
Salary: $51,313.50 – 73,345.50 Dependant on experience, based on 37.5 HS Weekly
Please submit your cover letter, resume, educational qualifications and three current work related references (in addition to the above) to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Admin Building or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.