Website Oneida Nation of the Thames
Position: Band Representative Manager
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Division: Social Services
Salary: $27.00 – $32.00/hour – Based on experience
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: July 14, 2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Social Services and shall be a part of Social Services Division Managers Team, the Band Representative Manager represents the Oneida Nation of the Thames’ interest in Child, Youth & Family Services Act proceedings throughout Canada and the United States. The Band Representative Manager will be the direct supervisor for the Band Rep program staff. This position ensures a culturally relevant disposition is complete for all cases and exercises our right as a First Nations community to enter negotiations for the provisions of the Oneida Nation of the Thames Band Representative Program.
1. Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work;
2. 2 years management experience in child welfare protection or a social service agency;
3. 5 years experience working in relation to Family Law court proceedings and court systems within a First Nation community;
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
5. Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
6. Familiar with the Oneida Nation political structure and programs/services to community members, an asset;
7. Valid Class “G” License and access to reliable transportation.
1. The successful candidate must submit a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
2. The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid driver’s license, prior to starting employment;
3. The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
1. Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
Ø All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
Ø Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Ø A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
Ø Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.