The world's largest presenter of Indigenous screen content.
The imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival is currently accepting applications for the following role:
FUNDRAISING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TRAINEE
A rare opportunity to work at one of Canada’s leading arts organizations celebrating its 22nd annual Festival, October 19-24, 2021!
Application Deadline: Friday, March 12, 2021
(NOTE: late applications will not be accepted)
Temporary, trainee position (52 weeks), 35 hrs/week
Rate: $21.00 CAD per hour
April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022
Send your C.V./Resume along with a cover letter in a single .pdf file by email, with the job title in the subject heading, to employment@imagineNATIVE.org
You may address the cover letter to:
Claudia Skunk, Corporate + Donor Initiatives Lead
imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival
401 Richmond St. West, Suite 446
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
All applicants must meet requirements for employment as determined by Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
FUNDRAISING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TRAINEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Temporary, trainee position, contract staff)
REPORTS TO: Corporate and Donor Initiatives Lead
The Fundraising Administrative Assistant Trainee will support the fundraising team in planning, executing and reporting on all Festival related fundraising (corporate partners, donors, and stewardship). The training provided will cover administrative skills related to cross-sectoral media arts, cultural and philanthropic funding from the public and private sectors (including foundations and individual/corporate donations). The Fundraising Administrative Assistant Trainee will learn incredibly valuable, on-the-ground training related to fundraising and nonprofit arts administration at the world’s largest Indigenous film festival. The successful candidate will be at the centre of fundraising for a successful annual event that attracts 30,000+ Festival attendees (based on 2019 data). This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in working in the cultural fundraising sector.
The duties and responsibilities of the Fundraising Administrative Assistant Trainee include but are not limited to:
Fundraising and Administration
- Assist and maintain the Development Deadline Calendar – tracking important deadlines for proposals, final reports, foundation requests and donor calls;
- With supervision, maintain Sponsor-tracking workbook (organizing details pertaining to individual corporate sponsors, tracking deliverables e.g. trailers, logos, ads);
- With supervision, solicit and coordinate all sponsor deliverables as they relate to online and print branding and partner benefits for the 2021 Art Book, Streaming Platforms, Social Media Platforms and Website;
- Identify prospects and new supporters and pitch entry-level contributions;
- Connect with artisans, galleries and companies to provide Give-Away prizes and discounts for festival participants;
- Assist Fundraising Department and Guest Services Coordinator with acquiring material for delegate packages given to festival VIPs;
- Become familiar with fundraising software and respective documents (Foundation search, Letters of agreement); update and provide drafts for review as required;
- Develop proposal writing and editing skills, written pitch skills;
Stewardship and Special Events
- Assist with the creation and execution of sponsor-related events, either online or in-person (Galas, receptions, VIP film screenings, networking events), assisting with creation of timelines as well as event budget and logistics;
- Attend meetings with the fundraising team as needed with Festival Stakeholders;
- Assist with other special sponsor initiatives;
Festival Coordination, Execution and General tasks:
- Assist in structuring, organizing and execution of Sponsor Benefits during the Festival (online and/or in-person);
- Revise and update Fundraising and Development contacts in database, invite lists and delegates’ list;
- Assist as a team-member with basic administrative duties to ensure the office environment is professional and efficient;
- Learn how to create and support post-Festival reporting on fundraising and partnerships, including updated contact lists;
- Assist with sponsor delegate hospitality including thank you card and package mail out;
- Participate in job-related training activities as necessary.
- Participate in job-evaluations, as necessary.
- Prepare monthly position-related reports for Board of Directors
Skills and Qualifications:
- A willingness to be trained and an openness to receive and offer critical, practical feedback on processes and training;
- An interest in fundraising and arts administration;
- Excellent communication and motivational skills; strong writing skills a preferred asset;
- High level of professionalism and ability to interface with senior-level professionals and junior-level colleagues;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Comfort and familiarity working with computer systems and applications (Microsoft Office, online database software) and processes (Word, mail merge) (training will be provided but adeptness with computers is required);
- Friendly, professional, demeanour;
- Works well in a team, individually and without supervision;
- Commitment to work scheduled business hours is required;
- Can function in an often fast-paced work environment with an ability to stay “cool under pressure”
- A demonstrated interested in the arts, film, and Indigenous communities;
- An ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-past environment that requires multi-tasking, ability to think creatively and constructively on-the-spot, with a “what else can I do?” attitude; and,
- Connections and familiarity with the Indigenous and media arts communities, organizations, businesses are an asset;
- Must be able to work from home in a place with reliable internet and your own computer and smartphone
imagineNATIVE is proud to have a dynamic and diverse staff with the majority being Canadian and international Indigenous individuals. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a team that reflects and affirms the diversity of our society and works together in providing a discrimination-free environment, characterized by respect and equity, where people can realize their full potential.
Should you require any accommodations in the application process, please contact employment@imagineNATIVE.org or by phone at 416-585-2333.