Website Kool Kidz Ice and Water
Summer Student-Water Helper
Summer Student/Water Helper will report to the supervisors of Kool Kidz Ice & Water and perform a variety of activities through the performance of service and maintenance to the company’s water equipment and use the water equipment to bottle water.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Summer Student/Water Helper will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Proper use and operation of BWF-2 Bottle Washer and Fill Station
- Performs start-up and shut down of water fill stations.
- Bottling/filling various sized water jugs with Purified Reverse-Osmosis Water.
- Load and unload cargo, goods or merchandise on deliveries and in factory.
- Assisting with water deliveries.
- Assist with routine service, maintenance and repair of water dispensers and water refill stations on a regular service cycle at all locations on assigned route
- Operate and drive company automobiles, vans and trucks to pick up and deliver various products, such as bottled water, water jugs, water coolers, water stations, etc.
- Restock storefront goods and merchandise as directed.
- Adheres to all applicable health and safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains the highest levels of sanitation for the facility.
- Informs supervisor of all emergency repairs in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Responds to on-site inquires and bring complaints to the supervisor for attention
- Learn to operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- Consult with supervisor to schedule production runs in a time-efficient manner
- Record and maintain accurate inventory/stock records.
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Meet regularly with other coworkers to co-ordinate activities between warehouses and clientele
- Load and unload goods or merchandise using handcart and deliver to customer at their desired location (i.e. freezers, coolers, skids of ice/water)
- Assist with daily water testing and follow water testing process and procedures
- Ensures that work area, the shop, tools, equipment, vehicles and grounds are kept clean and tidy
- May be required to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays and work flexible hours
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Manager or Assistant of Kool Kidz
Includes but are not limited to company vehicles, fork-lift, Hammer 125, Mathieson Magic Finger, pumps, pressure washers, air compressor, conveyor belt, hand pump, dolly, tie downs, trailer, hand cart, fork lift, hand and power tools, etc.
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Working in all-weather condition, work with constant interruptions, and occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration and work in high and dangerous places. This position requires strenuous physical work, sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, use hand and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and climb, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, perform repetitive motion, and repeatedly twist the upper body.
Work involves heavy lifting, deadlines, interaction with public, staff, subject to deadlines, interruptions and some unscheduled hours, flexibility to work evenings and week end hours, ability to take direction, prioritize and work independently.
Must be able to work as a team player with coworkers and supervisors of Kool Kidz, must be able to receive direction and guidance, discuss work plans, priorities and interacts to ensure tasks are done efficiently and effectively, receives instructions and supervision. Must be able to work in a cooperative, courteously and professional manner with all coworkers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or working towards high school diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must have Food Handling Certification, if not will be required to obtain
- Driver’s License and clean drivers abstract is an asset, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in communicating, understanding, and complying with verbal and written instructions
- Skill in the safe and proper operation of a variety of light and heavy equipment
- Skill in maintaining detailed and accurate records
- Ability to learn materials, methods, equipment and tools used in work areas
- Ability to learn and apply the basic procedures for maintenance and minor adjustments or repair of light or heavy equipment
- Ability to learn and apply safety procedures and regulations
- Ability to detect equipment malfunctions and takes proper corrective action
- Ability to define problems, valid conclusions and makes accurate and timely decisions and reacts accordingly
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands or changing priorities, and accommodate emergencies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Must be in good physical condition
- Position will require frequent lifting in excess of 25lbs and occasional lifting over 50lbs
Disclaimer: All staff will be required to read and understand and have full knowledge of the above duties as outlined above, each employee will be fully aware of the duties required for the position.