Website Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
To assist in the administration of effective, efficient and responsible human resources plans and procedures of the MCFN by ensuring the human resource plans and procedures are consistent with the vision, mission, management philosophy, standards and organizational and program policies established by the MCFN Council. In addition, ensuring the organization is operating in compliance with all relevant legislation and policies, including the Canada Labour Code, the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and all polices as established by the MCFN Council.
Educational Qualifications/Minimum Requirements
- Post-secondary degree plus 5 years’ experience in Human Resources;
- OR post-secondary diploma in a related field plus 7 years’ experience in Human Resources;
- OR a certificate in Human Resources and 10 years’ direct experience in Human Resources & demonstrated competence;
- A strong working knowledge of Federal and provincial legislation and regulations that include but are not limited to the Canada Labour Code & Health & Safety regulations, Canadian Human Rights Code;
- The political structures and practices of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation;
- Solid background in computers with specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A proven track record in effectively managing human resources in a complex, multi-programmed public administration, or similar experience;
- Demonstrated abilities in each of the key human resource processes, including investigation, report writing, performance management, personnel management and development, information management, and conflict resolution;
- The ability to lead by personal example, to motivate and develop a capable work force in a fair and effective manner, based on the team approach and consistent with the policies of the First Nation;
- The ability and willingness to make difficult recommendations in a timely manner, demonstrating good judgement, respect for organizational policies, and the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation values;
- Critical thinking skills, including the ability to research, analyze and evaluate and make recommendations concerning complex information and ideas;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results of a current criminal reference check;
- Safe Food Handler’s certificate or the willingness to obtain as soon as possible.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, proof of educational qualifications and three current references, two of which are employment related, to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Administration Building or by email at email@example.com
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an