Website Tyndale University
The Human Resources Coordinator will support key HR programs on a day to day basis and provide front line support to employees and managers. The HR Coordinator will also provide excellent customer service to those in the Tyndale community with HR inquiries.
- Administer the recruitment and selection process for all staff and faculty positions, ensuring that Tyndale is staffed with high caliber candidates who are representative of Tyndale’ values and standards. (Direct involvement in Level 1 and student recruitment)
- Coordinate student recruitment and related programs, including administration of the Canada Summer Jobs portfolio.
- Receive approved staffing requisitions and create / edit job postings based on approved job descriptions.
- Post job openings on the Tyndale job board and website, as well as external sources.
- Administer the Applicant Tracking System
- Coordinate and conduct phone screens and interviews with candidates.
- Coordinate new employee orientation and onboarding
- Generate job offers and contracts.
- Develop and maintain position descriptions through collaboration with managers and supervisors, as well as maintain inventory of job postings.
- Ensure vacancies are filled in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Answer job inquiries via e-mail, phone, mail, or in person.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the department by maintaining the departmental filing system, databases/HRIS.
- Assist with the maintenance and tracking of staff performance evaluation, including inputting performance evaluation ratings into the HRIS.
- Update employee information on all HR platforms (i.e. learning management system, HRIS, benefits portal etc.)
- Prepare and process documentation relating to employee changes (i.e. transfer/promotion, contract extensions, status change, termination etc.).
- Update organizational charts quarterly.
- Maintain and update all internal and external Human Resources documents, forms, and policies
- Assist in payroll administration by entering payroll changes and liaising with Payroll
- Administer benefits program by maintaining benefits portal, answering employee inquiries, and liaising with vendors regarding exceptional cases.
Employee Relations & Support
- Coordinate employee events (e.g. Christmas Celebration. Service Award Ceremony, Take Our Kids To Work Day, etc.) to improve employee engagement, promote a positive work environment, and ensure effective employee relations.
- Assist with the matters of employment accommodation.
Training and Development
- Administer employee in-service training program (First Aid & CPR, Health & Safety, AODA, etc.), including managing RSVP’s, room bookings, and catering.
- Produce ad hoc reports as required (i.e., government reports, staff lists, recruitment activity, compensation related reports, etc.).
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources
- Working towards or completed CHRP
- 1-2 years’ experience in HR with some experience in recruitment & selection, employee relations, or HR Administration
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable government legislation, policies and procedures
- Project management skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications, intermediate in Excel
- Effective verbal and listening skills with ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize, with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships proactively with employees at all levels
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Honest and dependable
- Self-starter, strong work ethic
- Positive and friendly
- Conducts oneself with professionalism and tact
- Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- May have to work odd or long hours on occasion to assist with HR events
- Occasional lifting of heavy items (e.g. boxes of files, training material, etc.)
- Sitting and using office equipment for a long period of time, often requiring focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with interruptions
- May encounter challenging people from time to time. Important to maintaining a calm and professional demeanor; listening to the customer’s needs.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.