Website Tyndale University
Tyndale University, a Christian liberal arts university with a commitment to undergraduate teaching, faith integration inside and outside the classroom, and student transformation, invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track, faculty position in its English department.
The successful candidate with be appointed, dependent on requisite experience, qualifications, and status to a Faculty rank ranging from Assistant to Full Professor. He or she will champion a vision for excellence in English studies at Tyndale in partnership with the other members of the English department, through their teaching, research, and service. For senior appointments, a demonstrated integration of faith and learning in teaching is required.
- Develop and teach courses in English at the undergraduate level
- Mentor and supervise students toward their academic goals
- Ability to integrate Christian faith and learning in teaching and scholarship is required
Research & Scholarship
- Engage in research, writing and publishing in the field of English Literature and related areas of interest and expertise
- Develop other courses in areas of interest, in line with Tyndale’s Academic Plan
- Participate fully in the academic and community life of the university including assigned committee work
- Consideration for departmental leadership will be given for qualified candidates
- Participate in the faith life of a local church.
- Earned doctorate in a relevant field.
- Experience of delivering online courses would be an asset
- Depending on rank, either a commitment to learning how to integrate the Christian faith with learning or a track-record of doing so.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position, provide a statement of Christian faith, and a complete curriculum vitae. The names and contact data for referees will be required once initial screening is complete.
Review of applications will begin January 10, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates will be considered, however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidate will agree to Tyndale University’s Statement of Faith
This position is scheduled to begin July 1, 2022.
Questions and applications can be submitted in confidence to Tyndale University Human Resources at email@example.com.
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.