Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking an ambitious and driven, critical-thinking individual to take on the challenge of a Risk Mitigation Analyst within the Claims Adherence Department. Candidates for this position will be responsible for the accurate and timely review of high-risk situations that require impartial and unbiased review. Additionally, candidates will make recommendations to support accurate and consistent claims adjudication and to ensure fair and equitable third-party relationships across all Teams, including those specific to the Adherence Team’s primary functions. This position is remote eligible anywhere in the United States and Canada.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Ability to understand & translate data into meaningful actions and communications.
Assists in risk mitigation reviews and makes informed recommendations to reduce exposure across the business. Ability to interpret and apply contractual wordings to claim eligibility and policy experience.
Proficient in data extraction, interpretation, and the ability to turn raw data into plain language and formal written report recommendations. Working directly with external Claims and Appeals departments to assist in corrections and/or provide coaching around claim payment errors and omissions. Provide exceptional customer service to existing customers and third parties. Assist with internal and external auditing of all Trupanion products. Contribute to team advancement and professional development.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent experience accepted
- Licensed Veterinarian Technician credentials preferred, or equivalent experience
- Currently licensed property and casualty adjuster preferred
- Minimum three years experience related to P&C insurance preferred. (claims adjuster, underwriter, actuary, data science)
- Minimum of two years of veterinary technician or assisting experience in a clinic/hospital environment.
- Preference will be given to individuals with formal education/certification in the fields of insurance operations, insurance fraud detection and investigation, risk management (credentials such as CIP, CPCU, CFE, CRM, or equivalent obtained or in progress)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Familiarity with insurance fundamental principles, insurance contract law & interpretation, and privacy laws within Canada and/or the United States
- Sophisticated knowledge of veterinary practice operations, including medical terminology and standard financial practices.
- Ability to work creatively, adapt to shifting processes, and work independently within a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to collaborate and contribute to the development of a wide variety of processes over time
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel
- Enjoys problem-solving, able to think critically in high-pressure situations, has the ability to analyze data, plan case strategy, and prepare formal reports
Sophisticated communication skills include:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature.
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, and is able to flex style appropriate to the audience.
- Proven organizational skills by being able to prioritize and handle conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- A proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allow you to optimally deal with conflict and difficult situations.
Please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oOEmhfwP&s=GREAT
Application Email: email@example.com