Company: Hamilton-Wentworth Chapter of Native Women’s Inc
The Hamilton-Wentworth Chapter of Native Women’s Inc.* is currently accepting applications for the position of Transitional Housing Case Worker.
The Transitional Housing Case Worker, under the direction of the Executive Director, will provide physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual case management and direct supports to women and children residing in our transitional housing program.
- College diploma in social services or closely related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in associated field;
- Knowledge of and experience working with a range of issues impacting youth, women and children including homelessness, violence against women and children, poverty, mental health and substance use;
- Demonstrates cultural competency including awareness, knowledge and understanding of the impacts of colonialism and systemic issues;
- Experience working in a transitional housing environment and completing intakes, safety plans, case notes, incident reports, plans of care, etc. is an asset;
- Case management experience and knowledge of various resources to support people with diverse needs to achieve their goals;
- Demonstrate professionalism and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), particularly in the areas of negotiation, facilitation, mediation, and advocating;
- Experience with program development, implementation and evaluation;
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills;
- Knowledge of de-escalation techniques, harm reduction, and crisis management;
- Intermediate computer literacy skills including Microsoft office suite and databases;
- Experience performing light cleaning, laundry, and cooking duties;
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention and Trauma Informed Training;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child and Family Services Act.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently;
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment and to collaborate within a group setting;
- Must have or obtain, within 30 days of hiring date, a Vulnerable Sector CPIC.
JOB TYPE: Weekends 7pm-7am & 7am-7pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Hamilton-Wentworth Chapter of Native Women’s Inc operating as Native Women’s Centre (NWC) is an Indigenous lead not for profit organization providing a secure and empowering environment for women and children fleeing domestic violence, suffering from homelessness, and/or human trafficking. We are culturally based and committed to creating positive outcomes for Indigenous women and their children. As a staff member of NWC you will have opportunity for professional growth and access to traditional ways of being and knowing. We strive to uphold pre-colonial management and policy structure, while being supportive and maintaining a positive work atmosphere.