Job seekers: Did you know that could be eligible for up to $2000 in employment transition supports just for obtaining a full-time job?! Fill out the Client Intake Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Precision Child Health Bioethics Community Focused – Research Analyst II
As part of its refreshed strategic plan SickKids has committed to Precision Child Health as a movement that will shift the hospital from a one-size-fits-all approach to medicine to health care that is individualized to support each patient’s unique characteristics and needs. SickKids is looking to add a dynamic community-focused senior ethics research analyst to support the development of frameworks (policies, procedures, and guidelines) that guide and assess Precision Child Health practices, activities and outcomes.
This work will explore and address novel ethical challenges in clinical care, research, the health care system, and society. The successful candidate will be joining a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team and will have the opportunity to engage with various stakeholders including hospital leadership, patients/ families/ communities, clinicians and researchers.
To support our Precision Medicine Partnership with CHU-Sainte-Justine, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with counterparts in Montreal. This position has a flexible work-from-home policy (within Ontario).
- Lead the development of integrated ethics and link critical race frameworks (policies, procedures, and guidelines) that consider patient’s structural health determinants and clinical scientific interest and promotes equitable access to precision health approaches
- Collaborate on related legal and data governance frameworks
- Identify (via scoping review and ongoing communication with internal/ external stakeholder engagement) best practices and emerging trends in ethics and provide recommendations on novel ethical challenges through the lens of clinical care, research, the health care system, and society
- Conduct research needed to support framework development with guidance from hospital leadership
- Work in collaboration with our counterparts at CHU-Sainte-Justine in support of our Precision Medicine Partnership
- Contribute to the growing body of scholarly literature regarding ethical considerations in the scalable implementation of precision medicine initiatives
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Graduate studies (e.g., PhD/MSc/JD) in a relevant field (Bioethics, Critical Race/Ethnic Studies, Health Policy, Medical Sciences)
- Sound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Experience with human research ethics protocols and ability to create space for community led conversations and deliverables
- Experience in leading intersectional anti-racist trauma informed care and modalities
- Confidence in public speaking and community-based research and capacity building
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in ethics/policy related research
Ability to manage complex research projects in large complex work environments
- Proven ability to take initiative and lead new conversations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Professional and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders, including patients, families, and members of the community
Employment Type: Full time (1.0 FTE), 24-month contract
Application Email: email@example.com
You can view the full description of this job opening and apply by following this link: