Website Grand Erie District School Board
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a temporary Social Worker to work at various locations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will provide direct services and/or consultation regarding safe and inclusive schools issues, providing direct service to suspended, expelled and excluded students and their families, along with prevention and intervention with students, staff and families. The candidate will conduct risk assessments and respond to and support crises and traumatic situations as well as liaise with community agencies and support pathways to care within the Grand Erie District School Board and the community. This individual will follow procedures and practices related to, but not limited to, case management, informed consent, confidentiality and record keeping as well as perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work is required; verification of post-secondary education (degree or original transcript) will be required
- Registered member of Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers in good standing is required
- An understanding of evidence-based interventions for children and youth is preferred
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices and assessments to support violence threat risk assessment, crises, traumatic events, and postvention for students, staff and families is required
- Knowledge of counselling modalities effective with children and youth is preferred
- Understanding of trauma informed practices is preferred
- Experience working in schools is preferred
- Knowledge of local community resources and system navigation is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively is required
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team is required
- Reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required
- Must be proficient in the use of computers
|Hours of Work||35 hours per week, (full-time)|
|Rate of Pay||$75,183 – $88,714 qualifications of successful applicant determine grid placement|
|Effective Date||January 1, 2022|
The Grand Erie District School Board
349 Erie Avenue, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5V3
Fax (519) 759-5362 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your qualifications, positive attitude and commitment to excellence make you an ideal candidate for this position, please submit your application, marked “personal and confidential”, which includes a complete resume, cover letter, and a copy of your diploma (one document if submitted electronically) with the names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; your current supervisor must be provided as a reference. Your application must be received by Friday, December 10, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.:
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for interview will be contacted.
The Grand Erie District School Board recognizes the Haudenosaunee and Anishinaabe people as the traditional peoples of this territory. We acknowledge and give gratitude to the Indigenous peoples for sharing these lands in order for us to continue our work here today.