EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Team Assistant – SECOND POSTING LONDON, ON
Posting Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 Posting ID: 029 Atlohsa Family Healing Services is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable individual to fill the role of Team Assistant. As the Team Assistant, you will be part of an inter-professional outreach team working from an Indigenous foundation in both inpatient and outpatient/community settings conducting assessments for Indigenous community members (adults aged 18 to 64) who suffer from serious mental health and/or addiction issues. This position involves working in the Biigajiiskaan: Indigenous Pathways to Mental Wellness Program (BIIG) and reports to the Program Leader. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative inter-professional environment delivering holistic health care and social services as part of an Indigenous-led Mental Wellness Initiative. Role and Responsibility With the mandate to deliver a culturally founded program, the Team Assistant will have demonstrated knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Indigenous population in the London region. The Team Assistant will perform an array of administrative duties to support the Project Leader and team and must have excellent written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills, ability to problem solve, excellent planning, prioritization and organizational abilities, accountability and teamwork. The Team Assistant will be involved in all aspects of the Biigajiiskaan program including project management, financial reporting and communications.
This role includes:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the languages, traditional ways, history, cultures and healing practices of the Indigenous population in the London region
- Current knowledge of Indigenous community services and resources
- Clerical functions, such as coordination and scheduling, minute taking
- Liaison with other internal departments
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/ or sensitive nature
- Able to triage referrals and inquiries for the mental health and addictions team
- Knowledge and understanding of medical technology
- Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and reports independently and with accuracy, including responding directly to routine correspondence or inquiries
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Medical Office Administrative Certificate Program and will hold intermediate level computer skills with a minimum of 1 year of recent experience in related administrative environment. Experience in a hospital &/ or Indigenous community setting preferred. The Team Assistant will provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
START DATE: Monday, June 7, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
SALARY: Competitive compensation and benefits package based on qualifications
Individuals of Indigenous Ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Atlohsa supports diversity in all its various manifestations, however, preferences will be given to qualified, Indigenous applicants.
Please submit a cover letter and resume or referral to:
Atlohsa Family Healing Services Inc. 2212 Elm Ave Southwold, ON N0L 2G0 Tel No. 519-438-0068 | Fax No.: 519-438-0070 | Email: email@example.com
Full Job Description Available Upon Request. We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.