Six Nations Polytechnic is a unique post-secondary Institution, recognized by community, government and institutions of higher learning, as a centre of excellence in Indigenous Education. Six Nations Polytechnic has delivered post-secondary programming for over two decades, in partnership with publicly funded Ontario Universities and Colleges.
If you are seeking a new and exciting career opportunity, have passion for education, and want to be part of a dynamic, diverse, and continuously growing team, then Six Nations Polytechnic is the employer for you!
Function & Overview
Under the supervision of the Registrar, the Manager, Business Process & Student Systems is the key representative on behalf of the Registrar’s Office for the SIS software project deployment and business process analysis. This position will play a key role in coordinating and managing the organization of the Registrar’s Office involvement with the ERP/SIS project. In collaboration with the Project Manager, the Office of the Registrar and Information Services, the Manager, Business Process & Student Systems will provide leadership, guidance, and problem-solving skills and will be a team player within the project team and the Registrar’s Office. The incumbent will also analyze current business practices, policies, and regulations and how the interact with the incoming SIS.
The duties of the Manager, Business Process & Student Systems include, without limitation:
- Key contact for all project matters between the Registrar’s Office, Information Services, and the Project Manager;
- Works closely with various levels of senior management;
- Responsible for ensuring business process changes are aligned with SIS functionality;
- Day to day operational support throughout the duration of the SIS implementation for the Registrar’s Office;
- Participates on and organizes various internal and external committees as they relate to the SIS;
- Conducts reviews of processes within the Registrar’s Office: admissions, fees, enrollment, registration, etc.;
- Works with stakeholders to understand the scope and create training documents for new process, regulations, or as they relate to the SIS;
- Works with the project manager with all phases of student testing;
- Coordinates project tasks with units within the Registrar’s Office;
- Analyzes current policy and procedure as it fits in within the system;
- Suggests and develops processes as they relate to the system;
- Works with various units within the Registrar’s Office to develop best practices with process and policy;
- Ensures ministry compliance with processes and policies as they are developed;
- Creates and documents policy as it pertains to the development of the project;
- Provides advice on student project issues;
- Prepares and reviews end user and operations documentation and training material;
- Provides oversight during go-live dates; and
- Responds to any issues or challenges as they relate to the project deployment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience working in an academic institution with strong knowledge of postsecondary policies and regulations;
- Experience overseeing day to day workflow of a project in a complex environment;
- Experience planning and scheduling project resources, including meetings and committee member involvement; and
- Experience working with an SIS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A general and current knowledge of Hodinohso:ni history, culture, values, contemporary issues, community priorities, and stakeholders;
- Familiarity with the postsecondary education sector in Ontario, especially the regulatory environment;
- Knowledge of the Indigenous Institutes sector considered a particular asset;
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on written expression (i.e., faultless spelling and grammar, and professional style);
- Flexibility in learning new program areas or approaches, and willingness to undertake additional training and professional development;
- Sound interpersonal skills including communication, organization, negotiation, and professional judgement;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage schedules, portfolios, and timelines, to meet demanding deadlines;
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team setting, demonstrating Hodinǫshǫ:nih/ Rotinonhson:ni values of Ga’nigohi:yo:/Kanikoriio (Respect and the Good Mind);
- Demonstrated familiarity with standard desktop computing programs, including spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications, on the Windows 2010 (or later) operating system; and
- An understanding and appreciation of, and willingness to support the unique philosophy, vision, and mission of Six Nations Polytechnic, Inc.
This position is a 12 month full time contract position.
Please apply directly on our careers website: https://www.snpolytechnic.com/careers
This posting will close March 3, 2021 at 4pm.