Six Nations Polytechnic is a unique post-secondary Institution, recognized by community, government and institutions of higher learning, as a centre of excellence in Indigenous Education. Six Nations Polytechnic has delivered post-secondary programming for over two decades, in partnership with publicly funded Ontario Universities and Colleges.
If you are seeking a new and exciting career opportunity, have passion for education, and want to be part of a dynamic, diverse, and continuously growing team, then Six Nations Polytechnic is the employer for you!
Function & Overview
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Services, the Project Manager is responsible for the Ellucian software project deployment. This position will play a key role in coordinating and managing the organization of the project. Leading the project in collaboration with the Information Services and Office of the Registrar, the Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the project is delivered within the scheduled timeframe and with the appropriate units involved throughout the duration. The Project Manager will provide leadership, guidance, and problem-solving skills and will be a team player within the project team.
The duties of the Project Manager include, without limitation:
- Developing the project charter and schedule in consultation with the vendor;
- Working with stakeholders to understand the scope and create training documents;
- Managing all phases of testing;
- Planning and implementing the project phases in consultation with Information Services and the Office of the Registrar;
- Researching and recommending best practices and solutions to project challenges;
- Coordinating project tasks with various units and stakeholders;
- Conducting project audits and provide regular project updates to the Senior Leadership Team;
- Collaborating with employees within various units and provide direction on project related tasks;
- Creating and documenting policy as it pertains to the development of the project;
- Providing advice on project issues;
- Preparing and assisting other testers with resources and creation of test cases;
- Liaising between technology and support teams;
- Preparing and reviewing end user and operations documentation and training material;
- Providing oversight during go-live dates; and
- Responding to any issues or challenges as they relate to the project deployment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- PMP Certification required;
- 5 + years experience in project management;
- Experience working in an academic institution with strong knowledge of postsecondary policies and regulations;
- Experience overseeing day to day workflow of a project in a complex environment;
- Experience planning and scheduling project resources, including meetings and committee member involvement; and
- Experience working with an ERP, with specific emphasis tied to Student Information Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A general and current knowledge of Hodinohso:ni history, culture, values, contemporary issues, community priorities, and stakeholders;
- Familiarity with the postsecondary education sector in Ontario, especially the regulatory environment;
- Knowledge of the Indigenous Institutes sector considered a particular asset;
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on written expression (i.e., faultless spelling and grammar, and professional style);
- Flexibility in learning new program areas or approaches, and willingness to undertake additional training and professional development;
- Sound interpersonal skills including communication, organization, negotiation, and professional judgement;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage schedules, portfolios, and timelines, to meet demanding deadlines;
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team setting, demonstrating Hodinǫshǫ:nih/ Rotinonhson:ni values of Ga’nigohi:yo:/Kanikoriio (Respect and the Good Mind);
- Demonstrated familiarity with standard desktop computing programs, including spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications, on the Windows 2010 (or later) operating system; and
- An understanding and appreciation of, and willingness to support the unique philosophy, vision, and mission of Six Nations Polytechnic, Inc.
This position is a 1 year full time contract position.
This posting will close March 9th, 2021. Please apply on our careers website