The MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION is accepting applications for the 1-year contract position of:
“Pandemic Response Nurse”
Closing Date: November 25, 2021 @ 12:00PM
To assist with the delivery of the MCFN Community Health Program by building relationships and applying the nursing process, to improve health outcomes for the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and be a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario, OR Registered Practical Nurse diploma in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines applicable to programs delivered, e.g., Standards of Practice, College of Nurses of Ontario
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge of various intervention strategies and evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act, the Personal Health and Information Privacy Act, the Long-Term Care Act and the Day Nurseries Act
- Knowledge of community agencies and the services that they provide
- Knowledge of Communicable Disease classifications, Canadian Immunization schedule, Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC)
- Solid background in computers with specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to contribute to a team environment
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have excellent assessment skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and management
- Ability to relate effectively to community members
- Ability to speak effectively in public
- One year experience working with a First Nation
- Three years of general Nursing experience
- Membership with the Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association
- Preferably a Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) member
- Ability to adapt and respond effectively in rapidly changing situations or environments
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe Culture and specifically, with the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Hourly Rate: $28.30 to $39.58 Term: One-Year Contract
Please submit your cover letter, resume, proof of educational qualifications and three current references to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the MCFN Admin Building or by email at email@example.com
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.