Website Oneida Nation of the Thames
Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Head Start Family Resource Centre
Salary: $18.89/hour starting rate
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday, flexible to work some evenings and weekends as required
Posting Date: September 6, 2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the immediate supervision of the Head Start Family Resource Centre Supervisor, the Registered Early Childhood Educator will (work as part of the EarlyON team) develop and deliver culturally enriched Oneida-based early years curriculum. The RECE will be responsible for the delivery of developmentally appropriate child & family curriculum and educational, supportive and interactive programs that address unique community needs.
1. Delivering programming that aligns with the pedagogical approach found in “How Does Learning Happen?”;
2. Maintaining confidentiality of all matters related to children, parents, caregivers and staff;
3. Developing and creating learning resource materials;
4. Ensuring that all supplies and materials necessary for the planned activities are available and prepared;
5. Planning and implementing engaging activities to meet the overall needs of children and families in accordance with the Early Learning Framework;
6. Offering workshops, training and resources tailoring programs to community identified needs, ages and skill levels of children and families;
7. Planning and conducting workshops.
Disclaimer – This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive.
1. Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute;
2. Must be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
3. 1-2 years’ experience working with children and families;
4. Valid CPR/First Aid certification OR willingness to obtain.
1. The successful candidate must submit a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
2. The successful candidate must submit a health assessment, an immunization record and a negative TB skin test, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
3. The successful candidate must submit a valid Ontario driver’s license and a current drivers abstract, at own expense, before starting employment;
4. The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid First Aid/CPR certificate.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
1. Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.