Website Native Womens Centre
Position: Crisis Intervention Workers
The Native Women’s Centre provides a secure, empowering environment for women and children fleeing domestic violence and for women suffering from homelessness, addiction or human trafficking. The Crisis Intervention Workers provide crisis intervention and emergency shelter services. There is a Weekend Part Time position and a Weekday Overnight Shift. See below.
Full Time and Relief Positions Available
- Conducts accurate and complete intake of new clients
- Provides orientation to the environment and counselling process
- Provides input and participates in client Plan of Care; reviews as required
- Plans and facilitates therapeutic counselling to individuals and/or families
- Monthly programming assistance in life skills, recreation, outings, etc.
- Maintain client contact sheets and case management tracking sheets
- Identifies and develops safety plans for high- risk situations
- Reports all disclosures, safety plans and serious occurrences to proper authorities
- Performs household tasks as related to the management of a shelter residence
- Post-Secondary education in Social Work or related field required
- 2-3 years’ work or volunteer experience in an emergency shelter is preferred
- An understanding of Indigenous history, culture, teachings and healings is an asset
- Well-developed communication skills; the ability to handle stressful situations
- Solid computer and administrative skills to maintain files and compose case reports
- Must be willing to perform light cleaning, laundry and cooking duties while on shift
- Current Criminal Records for Vulnerable sector required
The Native Women’s Centre has a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy in effect due to the nature of the work and clientele we serve. Unvaccinated employees must submit to weekly testing.
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org