As the Native Plant Seed Intern you will assist the Plant Production Lead in organizing the seasonal seed collecting initiative. You will be participating in seed collecting, processing and production and inventory of native Carolinian species at the Kayanase nursery. If you are a hands on learner, enjoy the outdoors and take great pride in restoring our mother earth, apply for our Native Plant Seed Intern.
As the Native Plant Seed Intern you will possess skills in planning and organizing, problem solving, and critical thinking. In addition to these skills, you must meet these qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Ecological/Horticultural studies OR;
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years of Ecological/Horticultural experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Forest Gene Conservation Association Seed Certification would be an asset If you have a strong desire to restore the native species plants and environment thrive, tell us who you are by submitting the following:
- Cover letter stating how you meet the requirements of this position
- Up to Date Resume highlighting your qualifications, and
- Three (3) work related references (letters not required)
GRETI cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Kayanase’s Mission: is to restore the health and beauty of Mother Earth, using science-based approaches and Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK).|
Applications may be submitted to:
Human Resources, P.O. Box 69, 16 Sunrise Court, Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0
Applications may also be faxed and emailed to (f)(519)445-4777 or email@example.com please have all documentation submitted by 4:00pm on Friday June 9, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
GRETI is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities based upon the core principles of dignity, independence, inclusion, integration, responsiveness and equality of opportunity in employment and training. We welcome all applications; preference will be given to Six Nations members to provide services for the Six Nations community; based on the need to provide professional services, only those applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be contacted for an interview
|Title:||Native Plant Seed Intern|
|Reports To:||Plant Production Lead|
- PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This contract position will require the applicant to work as an important part of a growing team working in native habitat and plant restoration. Leading and organizing the seasonal seed collecting initiative.
This work will be in support of Kayanase’ s goal of providing quality products and services, the Native Plant Seed Intern shall continuously strive to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively with other staff t provide quality services.
- CORE COMPTENCIES:
|· Dependability||· Operating Equipment|
|· Native plant and seed knowledge||· Safety Procedures|
|· Teamwork||· Physical fitness|
- Post-Secondary Diploma in ecological/horticultural studies OR;
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years of ecological/horticultural experience
- Knowledge in cut tests, efficient seed gathering techniques and forecasting
- Forest Glen Conservation Association Seed Certification is an asset
- Experience in seed collecting, or seed care/germination is an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Positive attitude & strong work ethic
- Strong desire to preserve & restore the natural environment
- Ability to work Saturdays & overtime to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Valid First-Aid/CPR is an asset
- Very detail oriented
FOR A COMPLETE COPY OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES at firstname.lastname@example.org, please allow for 24 hours for a return e-mail or call (519)-445-2222 ext. 3113.