Company: The Hospital for Sick Children
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Manager, Perioperative Services Business Operations (Physician Billing Office)
Don't miss a great opportunity to join our award-wining organization. SickKids has been voted one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 7th year in a row. We've been recognized as a top employer for young people, a top family friendly employer, and a top employer in the GTA. Newsweek Magazine also ranked SickKids as the top paediatric health-care centre in the world for 2022!
Reporting to the Director, Strategy, Finance & Administration, Perioperative Services, the Manager, Perioperative Services Business Operations is responsible for managing physician billing operations across Perioperative Services, Psychiatry and TeleLink. The Manager is responsible to facilitate processes that uphold and support timely and comprehensive physician billing to the Ministry of Health within the Alternate Funding Plan contract.
- Develops and maintains in depth knowledge of medical and surgical procedures for all medical and surgical services.
- Responsible to ensure physician revenues from OHIP billing are maximized.
- Proactively review Ministry Bulletins and interpret impact on internal billing and remittance processes, ensuring we are on the leading edge of physician billing practices.
- Develops formal monthly and adhoc billing reports and presentations to the Director and Physician Leaders.
- Seeks out and proactively identifies opportunities for billing process improvements in the HMIS system [EPIC] to achieve effective and comprehensive reporting, billing efficiencies and maximize billing revenues.
- Responsible for providing superior customer service, developing networks/strong working relationships with various Perioperative Services divisions, departments, medical and surgical staff, staff within the Hospital, and branches of the Ministry of Health.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation and maintenance of all Standard Operating Procedures for the Physician Billing Office ensuring alignment with the OHIP Schedule of Benefits and the Alternate Funding Plan.
- Member of the Director¿s Operations Leadership Team and champions operational and administrative excellence
- Responsible for developing initiatives that focus on the improvement, quality and strategic priorities for the Physician Billing Office.
- Lead or oversee the creation of key performance indicators and metrics in support of business needs.
- Develops and leads a team of 10 dedicated Billing Professionals to bring ideas and solutions forward within the Physician Billing Office for Perioperative Services and the Paediatric Specialties Association.
- Management of all aspects of the employee life cycle for all Billing Professionals including but not limited to: ensuring appropriate number of staff and skill set exist to meet physician billing needs; ensure Team is appropriately cross-trained for backfilling vacations and unplanned absences; writes job profiles, job ads and leads the recruitment process. Ensures alignment of adequate funding/budget to meet the portfolio needs.
- Responsible for performance management, coaching, mentoring, and identifying training needs and opportunities.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Your background must include a minimum of 5-7 years of Physician Billing experience (Surgical, Anesthesia or Critical Care preferred).
- You should have a minimum 5-7 years of management and leadership experience (Physician Billing preferred) combined with any degree or certificate program.
- You demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. You will be able to prioritize and maximize your time, while working with deadline constraints.
- You will be proficient in Windows Outlook, Microsoft Excel (Advanced Level necessary) and Word. Will possess excellent computer and keyboarding skills.
- You will have experience working with/and knowledge of medical billing software (Epic preferred). You will have considerable knowledge and an understanding of the rules and application of the OHIP Schedule of Benefits.
- You will demonstrate strong skills in leading/coordinating/resolving complex billing issues.
- Creative, self-directed, innovative, results and detail oriented and an ability to think both conceptually and at an operational level
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong negotiator, ability to enhance staff and stakeholder engagement, and relationship builder
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- A commitment to understanding and aiding in the pursuit of equity, diversity & inclusion
Here's What You'll Love:
- A focus on employee wellness with our new Staff Health and Well-being Strategy. Self-care helps us support others.
- A hospital that welcomes and focuses on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- A flexible remote hybrid work environment.
- The opportunity to make an impact. Regardless of your role or professional interest, you¿ll be making a difference at SickKids and contributing to our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan
- An academic and learning environment, awards and bursaries, mentoring programs, and a focus on continuous improvement.
To apply, please visit The Hospital for Sick Children's (SickKids) website: