Reporting to the Landscape Management Supervisor the Landscaping Management Worker is responsible for assisting with working on property appearance and landscaping of all properties within the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation. The chosen candidate will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine material, equipment and supplies to be used. Transfer equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary.
- Assist in landscaping projects and work with contractors/vendors and/or community members
- Assists in the inspection of general repairs and landscaping projects.
- Assist in preventative maintenance, grounds keeping and beautification of all SNGRDC projects and all commercial assets.
- Assist in the Coordination and inspection of the grounds work for properties within SNGRDC.
- Responsible for effective and professional communication with internal staff, contractors, suppliers and tenants.
- Assist with tree/bush clearing on SNGRDC properties.
- Clarification of work order instructions with internal departments.
- Ensure that Health and Safety policies are adhered to.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Projects/Property Management Coordinator.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Follows and ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Must be enrolled in Secondary or Post Secondary institution, and planning on returning to school in the fall.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid G Driver’s License is an asset.
- Possess or be willing to obtain WHMIS certificate.
- Possess initiative and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines, possess excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques, snow removal, horticulture, maintenance, and handy man skills.
- Willingness to learn, accept change, and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
- Must pass police record check.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement and conduct of duties may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People.
Community Members, Contractors, Government Agencies, Council Members, Human Resources, Development Corporation Staff, Tourism Partners, and Maintenance Contractors.
- This position requires normal physical effort.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- Mental Stress: There is regular deadline pressure from various sources.
Negotiating with contractors
Supervision of Grounds Staff.
Landscape Supervisor, and/or Projects/Property Management Coordinator and the Director of Projects when necessary
Position closes Friday June 18, 2021. All applications must be submitted by this date.
All applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include cover letter and resume and applicants need to register with the GREAT Student Office.