Website Grand River Employment & Training Inc.
Part-Time Position Available
If you are interested in part-time employment and have a strong desire for cleanliness, GRETI is hiring for a Janitor that can fulfill 30 hours per week which includes afternoon shifts and possible Saturdays.
GRETI takes great pride in ensuring its building is safe and sanitized for all staff, students, visitors and tenants. If you are knowledgeable in health and safety precautions, able to work as part of a team and can perform routine cleaning tasks this position is right for you! In addition to these skills, you must meet these qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
- OR GED equivalent
- OR work experience in a related field of janitorial or cleaning services.
- A police record check will be required, along with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
If you have a strong desire to help keep the sanitation and cleanliness at the forefront please tell us who you are by submitting the following:
- Cover letter stating how you meet the soft skills of the position
- Up to Date Resume highlighting your qualifications, and
- Three (3) work related references (letters not required)
|GRETI’s Mission: GRETI’s mission statement “Eyagoyadagenha – Helping the People” We create pathways to wellness and prosperity through employment and training.|
Applications may be submitted to:
Human Resources, P.O. Box 69, 16 Sunrise Court, Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0
Applications may also be faxed and emailed to (f)(519)445-4777 or email@example.com please have all documentation submitted by 4:00pm on Friday November 26, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
GRETI is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities based upon the core principles of dignity, independence, inclusion, integration, responsiveness and equality of opportunity in employment and training. We welcome all applications; based on the need to provide professional services, only those applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be contacted for an interview
Location: Grand River Employment and Training Inc.
Reports To: GRETI Maintenance Lead
The Janitor will work under the direction and supervision of the GRETI Maintenance Lead.
A PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under the direction of the GRETI Maintenance Lead, the Janitor is responsible for fulfilling the responsibility of cleaning and general maintenance of the GRETI complex including buildings. The Janitor contributes to the overall preventative maintenance schedules, by performing general cleaning of the GRETI complex and other related duties as determined by the GRETI Maintenance Lead.
B CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Reliability and Dependability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Health & Safety training or certification
- Operate cleaning equipment
Applicants with Minimum Grade 12 Diploma OR GED equivalent OR work experience in a related field of janitorial or cleaning services.
A police record check will be required, along with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Knowledgeable regarding health and safety precautions;
- Ability to perform routine tasks on a daily basis;
- Upgrade skills as necessary;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to manage a maintenance log of activities.
- Ability to function in a flexible schedule.
- May be required to work overtime or travel if necessary.
The Janitor shall work with the GRETI Maintenance Lead to ensure ongoing operations and maintenance of the GRETI complex by:
Clean and maintain the GREAT Opportunity Centre. The area for GREAT to be cleaned is:
- Atrium and Common area;
- “A” Wing/Addition classrooms, suites, corridor, washrooms and entrance-way;
- “B” Wing office suites, washrooms and entrance-way;
- “C” Wing Suite #421
- Upper level Atrium walk-a-bout; stairs, stairwell, and elevator;
- “C” Wing lower level office suites, washrooms and entrance-way;
- “C” Wing upper level office suites, corridor, washrooms, entrance-way, stairs and stairwell;
- “D” Wing lower level office suites, corridor, washrooms;
- “D” Wing upper level office suites, corridor, entrance-way, stairs and stairwell.
- Multi-trades Building at 1039 Chiefswood Rd.
- Kayanase (main building) at 993 Highway 54
Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, health and safety of the GRETI Complex by following the guidelines as follows:
- Sweeping and mopping daily; spray buff as required
- Stripping and waxing of floors on an annual basis
- Vacuum daily, spot clean as required
- Shampooing of carpets performed annually
- Washroom floors to be swept and mopped daily;
- Toilet seats, bowls, urinals and sinks to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily;
- Washroom partitions, and walls will be cleaned to remove finger, spot marks, etc. daily;
- Mirrors to be cleaned daily;
- Soap dispensers and towel holders to be cleaned daily, and filled as necessary
- Wastebaskets to be emptied daily and washed as required. All waste is to be placed in designated areas. Garbage bags to be replaced as necessary;
- Walls to be cleaned as necessary;
- Window ledges to be dusted daily, and windows cleaned to remove spots on general cleaning days
- All interior windows will be cleaned monthly;
- All hardware – door handles, kick plates, etc. to wiped and cleaned daily.
FOR A COMPLETE COPY OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES at firstname.lastname@example.org please allow 24 hours for a return email or call (519)445-2222 ext. 3113.