Administrative Assistant, Development
Full Time – One Year Contract
Location is Within the GTA
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Indspire is seeking an Indigenous individual who is energized by challenges and passionate in being a part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
Indspire is an Indigenous Charity that has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
Sponsor Stewardship & Administration
- Tracks feedback and information as required in the database (Raiser’s Edge) and manages timely production of donor profile reports;
- Helps to prepare power point presentations, stewardship reports, and other background materials required for promotional and cultivation activities;
- Maintains complete confidentiality with donor, sponsor information, programs, solicitations, meetings, etc.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for reports and communications as needed;
- Provides superior clerical and administrative support to the Development team, including scheduling, faxing, photocopying, filing, taking minutes and maintaining policies and procedures manuals;
- Helps make thank you calls on an ongoing, as needed basis
Donor Engagement & Administration
- Responsible for collecting and tracking student and alumni success stories;
- Helps to source student stories for different fundraising and stewardship initiatives;
- Coordinates correspondences and check-ins with students, alumni, teachers, donors and volunteers;
- Prepares correspondence and other communications pieces to share success stories with donors;
- Helps to prepare power point presentations and other background materials required for promotional and cultivation activities;
- Maintains complete confidentiality with alumni, student and participant information, programs, solicitations, meetings, etc.
- Maintains a hard copy filing system for student and alumni participant communications;
- Works closely with Development colleagues to ensure the ongoing integrity, accuracy and security of information in Indspire’s development database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Responsible for updating return to sender mail, donor solicitation preferences and responding to donors about changes to their records.
- Help reconcile telemarketing pledges in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Responsible for booking meeting times, meeting location and coordinating necessary meeting requirements such as audio visual, catering, taking minutes, for alumni and volunteer events and activities.;
- Other administrative duties as assigned to ensure the smooth and successful operation of Indspire’s alumni, volunteer, and donor engagement programs.
- Completion of a college diploma or degree preferred plus a minimum of 1 year experience in a non-profit fundraising department or in a similar environment;
- Basic knowledge of fundraising principles and experience working with contact management databases is a requirement;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and exceptional process management and organization skills;
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality;
- Impeccable service ethic characterized by high energy, and a positive attitude;
- Proactive, and innovative problem solver;
- Knowledge of or experience working with Indigenous cultures/traditions is an asset;
- Work experience with a charity is an asset.
- Hybrid workplace that provides flexibility from home and in the office (3 days in office and 2 home).
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth.
- Opportunity to be mentored from staff who are passionate about Indigenous education and want to help you develop your professional skills.
- Be a resident of the Greater Toronto Area
- Identify as from a First Nation, Métis or Inuit background
- Be registered (or eligible to register) with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment & Training
How to Apply
To apply, register with Miziwe Biik as well as forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.