Website Hamilton Regional Indian Center
The Hamilton Regional Indian Centre is currently accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Generalist.
The Hamilton Regional Indian Centre (HRIC) is a large Indigenous not for profit organization. We are culturally based and community focused, and committed to driving positive change for the community. As a staff member of HRIC you will have opportunity for professional growth, access to Elders and Traditional Knowledge Keepers, and a generous benefit package. We strive to uphold pre-colonial management and policy structure, while being supportive and maintaining a positive work atmosphere.
The HRIC is in compliance with Ontario Pay Equity legislation.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist, is responsible for providing transactional HR support to the HR Manager and Department Managers.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. The duties consist of supporting payroll, health and safety, training, labour relations, and recruiting and providing support to the HR Manager in the resolution and consultation of HR programs to ensure effective organization operation.
The HR Generalist will be responsible to follow the policies and procedures as determined by the Board of Directors and under the direct daily supervision of the Executive Director or designate.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Office Administration- Human Resources or related field, and/or related skills and abilities as determined by the employer;
- 2 years demonstrated and work-related experience within Human Resources field;
- Strong morals and ethics, along with commitment to employee privacy;
- Knowledge of current employment laws;
- Understanding of organization-wide compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations;
- Experience with the preparation of performance review process including the creation and revision of documents, forms and procedures;
- Joint Health and Safety certification, or willing to obtain upon hire;
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and other external agencies;
- Experience leading recruiting, hiring, and on/off boarding of employees, including scheduling, screening, preparation of candidate interviews, and effective exit interview process;
- Experience with employee benefits and payroll administration, including timesheets;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Database applications;
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends, to include participation in community and staff events; and,
- Ability to obtain a satisfactory CPIC- Vulnerable Sector within 30 days of employment start date as a condition of the employment offer
SALARY: $50,000.00 -$55,000.00 per annum depending on experience.
HRIC is a highly flexible organization offering additional compensation including 2 weeks’ vacation (year one), 5 paid cultural days, 4 paid holidays beyond mandatory Employment Standards, paid shutdown over the Christmas holiday week, and health benefits. HRIC health benefits are offered to full time permanent employees, employees will be able to enroll upon the successful completion of their (3) three- month probationary period.
HRIC is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Hamilton Regional Indian Centre will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
HRIC strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Hamilton Regional Indian Centre will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Indigenous people, HRIC shall give preference to Indigenous people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org or in an envelope marked
Human Resources Hamilton Regional Indian Centre
34 Ottawa Street North, Hamilton, Ontario L8H 3Y7 FAX: 905-548-0024