Website Hamilton Regional Indian Center
The Hamilton Regional Indian Centre is currently accepting applications for the position of
Human Resources Coordinator.
The Hamilton Regional Indian Centre (HRIC) is a large Indigenous not for profit organization. We are culturally based and community focused, and committed to driving positive change for the community. As a staff member of HRIC you will have opportunity for professional growth, access to Elders and Traditional Knowledge Keepers, and a generous benefit package. We strive to uphold pre-colonial management and policy structure, while being supportive and maintaining a positive work atmosphere. The HRIC is in compliance with Ontario Pay Equity legislation.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for facilitating all key HR functions and programs. This includes issues raised by current and future employees and matters related to employment, compensation and benefits, labor negotiations, and employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management;
- 3+ years in Human Resources preferred;
- ADP and/or other HRIS system experience and knowledge is a plus;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Ability to exercise effective judgement, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations;
- Team player with ability to work in a demanding and dynamic faced paced environment, with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Proven strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset;
- Adept at problem-solving and conflict resolution;
- High energy, collaborative and very discreet; and,
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and improving existing and recommended systems and processes;
- Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, health insurance, expenses, vacation, and other personnel packages;
- Assist with recruitment efforts across all departments, and prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and provincial requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records
- Leading all Health and Safety initiatives
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures, including team restructuring and morale;
- Employee relations; and,
- Payroll processing back-up.
SALARY: $68,000 – $72,000 per annum plus benefits
HRIC is a highly flexible organization offering additional compensation including 5 paid cultural days, 4 paid holidays beyond mandatory Employment Standards, paid shutdown over the Christmas holiday week, and health benefits. HRIC health benefits are offered to full time permanent employees, employees will be able to enroll upon the successful completion of their (3) three-month probationary period.
HRIC is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Hamilton Regional Indian Centre will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
HRIC strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Hamilton Regional Indian Centre will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Indigenous people, HRIC shall give preference to Indigenous people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references to email@example.com or in an envelope marked
Executive Director Hamilton Regional Indian Centre
34 Ottawa Street North, Hamilton, Ontario L8H 3Y7