Website Home and Community Care Support Services South West
Together, we make care happen
Are you looking for a career in health care administration? You’re looking in the right place.
The Patient Care Assistant plays a key role in supporting patients throughout all stages of their healthcare journey.
What will you do?
Working in one of our office or hospital locations, the Patient Care Assistant triages important information to the Care Coordinator, and offers “real-time” solutions to patients, where appropriate. The Patient Care Assistant frequently interacts with various stakeholders by telephone and other communication methods, whether answering incoming questions or providing healthcare system navigation.
The Patient Care Assistant provides timely follow up on patient issues, and is responsible for ensuring accurate documentation in our patient databases. To support the Care Coordinator, the Patient Care Assistant also helps with managing a variety of tasks relevant to the Care Coordinator’s specific caseload.
What must you have?
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate or Diploma in health care administration is an asset.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience, preferably in health care/medical administration or services.
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Efficient computer literacy in patient health databases and Windows environment.
- Proven team collaborator with excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing requests and function well under pressure.
- Consistently adheres to privacy legislation and confidentiality standards.
- Flexible work schedule (i.e., days, evenings, and weekends) to meet organizational needs.
What would give you an advantage?
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly French.
- Experience working with people from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- An ambassador of respectful and inclusive workplace culture.
Who we are:
Home and Community Care Support Services South West is one of 14 Home and Community Care Support Services organizations in Ontario with a focused mandate to deliver local health care services such as home and community care and long-term care home placement. These organizations were previously known as Local Health Integration Networks at a time when they also led local health care planning and funding, and those functions are now part of Ontario Health.
Home and Community Care Support Services is dedicated to ensuring the ongoing delivery of local services while Ontario makes changes to improve the health care system to give patients better connected care with health care providers working as one coordinated team in Ontario Health Teams.
Our name has changed but services and contact information remain the same, including home and community care, long-term care home placement and help finding services and local doctors.
We recognize that ensuring the best health outcomes starts with empowering its greatest resource, employees. Due to the incredible success of its wellness program available to all staff, our organization is a recipient of the 2019 Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month Great Employers Award, making it a recognized organization in supporting employee health and safety.
How do I apply?
Please visit www.healthcareathomejobs.ca to submit your resume and cover letter.
Application Email: SouthWestLHINJobs@lhins.on.ca
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.