Website Grand Erie District School Board
Casual caretakers are offered work on an ‘as needed’ basis, and often with short notice, when regular caretakers are absent from work. Shift work is required. It is our expectation that casual caretakers will have regular availability to accept assignments. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk.
• Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend oral and written communications in English
• Must be able to work effectively in a team situation
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude and commitment to the provision of excellent service
• Minor building maintenance experience, basic computer skills, and an Operator of Small Drinking Water Systems Certificate would be considered assets
• Must provide own transportation to and between worksites
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mopping/washing floors and stairs
• Cleaning flat surfaces, windows, washrooms, vacuuming
• Removing garbage
• Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work: Shift work is required. You will be expected to be available to work the afternoon shift 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Number of hours per week may vary, dependent on need. Hours per day may range from 2 to 8 hours.
Rate of Pay: $17.08/hour
Applications must be submitted on the ‘Facilities Services – Casual Caretaker Application Form’ which can be found in ‘How to Apply’ in the Casual Employment menu option of the Board website, Job Opportunities.
Please submit your application, marked “personal and confidential”,
The Grand Erie District School Board
349 Erie Avenue, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5V3
Fax (519) 759-5362 or email email@example.com
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for interview will be contacted.