Website Grand Erie District School Board
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a temporary, full-time Attendance Counsellor to work at various locations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be an advocate for students within the education system, provide enforcement of compulsory education according to the Education Act and provide ongoing referrals and case management. The successful candidate must also gather information as well as assessing and accessing alternative educational needs/referrals to community supports for both students and parents. In addition, working in collaboration with the Supervised Alternative Learning (SAL) Committee with respect to alternative programming for students, providing consultation for administrators, school staff, parents and community services and perform other duties as assigned.
– 4 year Undergraduate Degree in a social service field
– Verification of post-secondary education (diploma/degree or original transcript) will be required
– Experience with school-aged students and families including “at-risk” children/youth with a case management mind set
– Superior time-management and organizational skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
– Knowledge of various community resources for youth and families
– Knowledge of criminal justice system as it relates to the Provincial Offences Act and to the Education Act
– Knowledge of the Ministry of Education Enrolment Register Instructions
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Proficient in use of computers
– Must possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal
– Experience with PowerSchool and electronic record keeping an asset
– Reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
– Understanding of cultural diversity including First Nations and the Low German Mennonite Community an asset
Effective Date: As soon as can be mutually arranged to June 25, 2021
Salary Range: $49,460 – $58,362
If your qualifications, positive attitude and commitment to excellence make you an ideal candidate for this position, please submit your application, marked “personal and confidential”, which includes a complete resume, cover letter (one document if submitted electronically) with the names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; your current supervisor must be provided as a reference. Your application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 5, 2021. Apply to:
The Grand Erie District School Board
349 Erie Avenue, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5V3
Fax (519) 759-5362 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for interview will be contacted.