Website Grand Erie District School Board
GRAND ERIE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Full-time Payroll Administrator/Clerk
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a full-time Payroll Administrator/Clerk located at the Education Centre on Erie Avenue in Brantford. The position comes with a competitive benefits package and pension with OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accuracy of processing full-cycle computerized payrolls, payroll administration and reporting of pension and benefits, and the preparation of related reports and forms. In addition, there is responsibility for liaising with others internally and externally as well as responding to payroll related inquiries in an effective and timely manner.
• Community College Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related field (verification is required)
• A minimum of 3 years’ payroll experience is required
• Experience in a unionized, educational environment is an asset
• PCP Certification from the Canadian Payroll Association preferred
• Payroll experience with pension and benefit plans, government legislation (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Canada Revenue Agency) is required
• Excellent accounting skills required
• Strong customer service focus
• Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills
• Knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and other computer applications
• Must demonstrate advanced user skills in specialized report writing, database manipulation and retrieval
• Ability to interface and import/export data within and between various software platforms
• Knowledge of payroll related standards and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles
• Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize and deal with competing timelines is necessary
Hourly Rate: $27.52/hour, 35 hours per week.
If your qualifications, positive attitude and commitment to excellence make you an ideal candidate for this position, please submit your application, marked “personal and confidential”, which includes a complete resume, cover letter (one document if submitted electronically) with the names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; your current supervisor must be provided as a reference. Your application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2021.
The Grand Erie District School Board
349 Erie Avenue, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5V3
Fax (519) 759-5362 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for interview will be contacted.