Website Grand Erie District School Board
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a qualified full-time Computer Technician.
The successful candidate will provide telephone, email, on site and/or remote desktop technical support along with support for Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook environments. The successful team member will deploy new devices to schools and offices, utilize work order software (TOPdesk), install Standard Image on Endpoint devices, maintain school-based technology and work with third party support, as needed, along with any other duties as assigned. The team member may be required to be available for a call-back outside of regular working hours for emergency situations.
· University degree in Computer science or a Community College diploma with a focus on software support (ie Computer Systems Technician–Software Support or Information Technology Support Services) is required.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or A+ certification required
· A minimum of three years’ previous experience in a similar role is required
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on quality customer service
· Strong customer service skills and organizational skills are essential, including the ability to deal with multiple activities.
· Experience in trouble-shooting technical issues using sound methodology and processes preferred
· Experience working with call tracking/work order software (TOPdesk) an asset
· Experience with Microsoft O365, Outlook, Windows 10, MVAL, Kurzweil, PD Place, Active Directory Account Management an asset.
Hours: 7 hour day; 35 hours per week, 12 months a year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: $32.07/hr
If your qualifications, positive attitude and commitment to excellence make you an ideal candidate for consideration, please submit your application, marked “personal and confidential”, which includes a complete resume, cover letter (one document if submitted electronically) with the names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; your current supervisor must be provided as a reference. Your application must be received by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday January 19, 2021. Apply to:
The Grand Erie District School Board
349 Erie Avenue, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5V3
Fax (519) 759-5362 Please quote posting #24-20-21
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector screen”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.