Website Aboriginal Legal Services
|Job Title:||Gladue Caseworker- Sudbury||Travel Required:||Moderate travel|
|Location:||Toronto||Position Type:||Full Time|
|Reports to:||Senior Manager, Gladue Caseworkers||Posting Expires:||Until Filled|
Aboriginal Legal Services (ALS) strengthens the capacity of the Aboriginal community and its citizens to deal with justice issues and provide Aboriginal controlled and culturally based justice alternatives. Our dedicated staff is our most valued resource. Compassionate care, teamwork, professionalism, communication, and respect are the values that set ALS apart. This is a unionized position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Writes short Gladue Letters for the court for Indigenous offenders awaiting sentencing. These Gladue Letters are used by lawyers and judges to learn about the circumstances of the offender and for sentencing options;
- Assists clients who have been sentenced by the courts in meeting the conditions of their sentence and provides aftercare support;
- Attends sentencing hearings for clients;
- Prepares sentencing recommendations for clients;
- Additional duties as assigned;
- Excellent interviewing and writing skills;
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals;
- Ability to work independently and to manage a regular caseload of clients;
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and programs and services available to Indigenous people in Sudbury and the surrounding area would be a great asset;
- Valid driving license is required;
To apply to this job posting please submit your cover letter and resume with “Gladue Caseworker- Sudbury” in
the subject line to email@example.com or fax it to (416)408-1568
Aboriginal Legal Services is an equal opportunity organization committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request. To request accommodation, please email Nazaninn@aboriginallegal.ca.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.