Website Indigenous Bloom
The Fertigation Specialist will be reporting directly to the Cultivation Manager. Under the supervision of the Cultivation Manager, the Fertigation Specialist will delegate daily irrigation tasks of monitoring and maintaining plant production and health. Will ensure all irrigation and nutrient feeding requirements are followed accurately, perform installations, maintenance, and repair of irrigation systems. Operates power equipment and hand tools to install, maintain, and repair irrigation systems and related components, including irrigation lines, drip emitters, control panels, valves, pumps, etc.
The Fertigation Specialist provides leadership for all plant activities and operations of the Fertigation Department while abiding by all applicable policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. This individual will oversee quality control measures within the production facility to ensure the highest standards of compliance are followed. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment, strong leadership skills, and the ability to effectively interact with other departments to ensure a positive work culture.
Direct reports consist of Fertigation Technicians
- Develop cultivar-specific nutrient programs with the Cultivation Manager
- Maintain strategy for irrigation and feeding programs and schedules
- Respond to system alarms and diagnose/troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Take measurements, record data, and observe trending reports and graphs
- Monitor substrate moisture content, and obtain water samples for testing by QA department
- Must perform EC/pH testing and ensure that parameters stay with in defined ranges
- Performs regular calibration of irrigation system sensors and nutrient testing instruments
- Must be an expert at identifying all nutrient deficiencies
- Ensure fertilizer concentrate stock tanks are prepared and filled adequately
- Maintain and stock inventory of all chemicals and fertilizers onsite
- Write and execute Standard Operating Procedures related to department
- Train all Fertigation Technicians on fertigation SOPs and changes to company policy
- Implement good agricultural practices (GAPs) and follow all GMPs and Facility Rules
- Keep accurate records and follow good documentation practices (GDPs)
- Keep accurate records of all practices implemented and data collected as pertaining to Specialist responsibilities
- Department KPI data collection and entry
- Delegate daily irrigation related tasks for each Fertigation Technician
- Be able to work closely and regularly collaborate with the other department Leads.
- Operate and maintain irrigation systems/equipment
- Clean, sanitize and setup all irrigation rooms
- Maintain and ensure proper storage and sanitation of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to shop vacs, pumps, hoses, etc.
- Conduct trials to evaluate possible improvements to the nutrient programs
- Perform regular audits as required
- Perform any other job-related tasks assigned by management
- Able to work variable shifts to meet operational requirements
- Must ensure availability on weekends and holidays as needed.
- Work with QA department to draft forms/processes to maintain departmental compliance
- Ensure the fertigation operations are fully compliant with regulations and governing laws.
- Assure that all fertigation operations adhere to business and industry license requirements.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, destructions and equipment used in fertigation department and documenting irrigation by completing forms, reports, logs, and records as required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work productively and thrive in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and pivot quickly
- Able to demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative, and quality of work
- Skilled in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed
- Able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, methods, and techniques
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Degree in Horticulture, Sciences or related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of irrigation techniques
- Previous experience operating Argus, Priva, Dosatron, etc.
- Computer skills, Microsoft 365 Office, Plant Inventory Tracking Software
- 3+ years of fertigation experience with large scale, indoor grow operation or related field
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check as mandated by governing commission
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to lift 50 pounds and be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds for the entire length of the facility
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, kneel, stoop, bend, twist, in tight areas
- Able to work in hot, humid environments for extended periods of time with exposure to dust, allergens, and water
- Repetitive use of hands for all functions
- Willingness to work rotating shifts with varied hours/day, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events
- All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include days, nights and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands based on the needs of the individual department.
- Every job applicant must pass a comprehensive police criminal background check, including the mandates of the governing commission. A job offer issued before the completion of a background check shall be contingent upon a positive result. A negative background check result may lead to the withdrawal of the job offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$36.00 per hour
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org