Job seekers: Did you know that could be eligible for up to $2000 in employment transition supports just for obtaining a full-time job?! Fill out the Client Intake Form and submit to email@example.com to get started!
The MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION
is accepting applications for the full time, contract position of
Closing Date: Thursday September 23rd , 2021 at 12:00PM
- To support the delivery of approved curriculum at Lloyd S. King Elementary School, ensuring that the standards are equal to if not exceeding provincial guidelines. The Educational Assistant will treat all students in a fair and equitable manner.
- To supervise the children in the assigned classroom in accordance with the philosophy of the Lloyd S. King School and provincial and federal legislation and guidelines byEnsuring the safety and physical well being of the children, carrying out curriculum on a daily basis and evaluation of the effectiveness of the program in terms of meeting the needs of the children in all stages of development, maintaining regular communication with parents and contributing to the effective operation of the elementary school while promoting and implementing practises of Anishinabek heritage.
Education and Experience
Educational Assistant College Diploma or Apprenticeship Certificate; Bachelor of Child Development’ Educational Support College Diploma; or Developmental Service Worker Diploma; or Child and Youth Worker Diploma; or undergraduate degree in addition to Bachelor of Education.
- Curriculum documents from the Ministry of Education
- Anishnaabe culture and traditions
- Child development
- Learning Management Systems
- Incorporating Technology into the Classroom
- Caring attitude towards children
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication with other staff members, administration, parents and students
- Ability to integrate Anishinaabe culture into the curriculum
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and week-ends
- Ability to lift and assist with toileting
- Must provide the results of a current criminal reference check including a vulnerable sector check
- Safe Food Handler’s Certificate or willingness to obtain one ASAP
- Experience in a First Nation Community
- Experience with Online Learning
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Non-violent crisis interventions training
- Knowledge and experience working with children with behavioural issues
- Knowledge and experience working with Picture Exchange Communication System
- Knowledge and experience working with children with Down Syndrome
Salary Range: Commensurate with MCFN Salary Grid
Contract Term: ASAP – June 24, 2022.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, educational qualifications and three (3) references (preferably work related) to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Admin Building or by email at Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.