Website osttc Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre (OSTTC)

Reporting Relationship:

Works under the direction and supervision of the Program Coordinator and/or CEO, Business Opportunities.AD E-Learning Specialist 03042021

A. PURPOSE AND SCOPE

 The purpose of the E-Learning Specialist is to develop and deliver e-learning programs and workshops through various platforms; for education/training programs as defined in the established curriculum.  These programs will align with Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centers (OSTTC) mission by empowering individuals through education, trades training and professional development.

B. QUALIFICATIONS

  • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in training, adult education, and/or multi-media training materials development
  • Experience with a Learning Management System as a developer or administrator

Knowledgeable:

  • Experience with audio and video editing software
  • Experience in teaching adults of diverse backgrounds
  • Understanding of socio-economic issues of Indigenous peoples
  • Understanding and ability to assist Indigenous peoples with social barriers
  • Understanding of Indigenous culture specific to Iroquois traditional knowledge

Skills:

  • Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to relate to a wide range of personalities
  • Report writing and planning skills essential to program success

Abilities:

  • Ability to solve technical problems independently
  • Organizing and prioritizing a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision
  • Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.

C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

The E-Learning Specialist shall promote Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre (OSTTC)’s goals and objectives, maintain the level of professionalism expected by GRETI as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manuals, and uphold the ethics of the position. In addition, the position shall complete the following duties as required by the position:

Primary Responsibilities

  • Gather information and course elements from instructors/educators as designed for programs and training
  • Develop learning material, coordinate and deliver courses as designed for programs and training
  • Deliver e-learning courses through video chats, pre-recorded workshops and other training modules as defined by the program curriculum
  • Support the deployment of learning programs including uploading courseware, training assignments and learner notification

Administration

  • Provide administrative support in the Registrar’s office as necessary; ensuring flow of accurate information to all appropriate staff/students/community
  • Communicate program start dates/cancellations with GREAT personnel and OSTTC Program Coordinator
  • Provide written/verbal monthly and quarterly reports to Program Coordinator and/or CEO, Business Opportunities

Outreach

  • Attend education conferences, tradeshows and networking events to build partnerships and promote higher education
  • Make appropriate referrals to community agencies as required
  • Assist with development/delivery of special events and initiatives as required
  • Participate in student recruitment activities/networking
  • Participate as a member of community agencies when requested
  • Attend networking opportunities and support for OSTTC

Other

  • Other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the Program Coordinator and/or CEO, Business Opportunities.

Health and Safety:

  • All GRETI employees shall be aware and practice health and safety in their day to day functions; including annual review of GRETI’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy.

Emergency Measures:

  • The E-Learning Specialist, in conjunction with GRETI’s Emergency Management Team shall be aware of GRETI’s Emergency Measures and Service Continuity Plan, and the role that all staff shall play in that plan.

E. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT

While performing the duties of this job, the E-Learning Specialist will spend 80% of their time in a virtual classroom and office setting.  The physical demands for the above include: prolonged sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, and bending. The remaining 20% will be spent attending meetings.

Non-physical demands are as follows. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The nature of the position may expose the E-Learning Specialist to a moderate level of tension and anxiety due to deadlines. The position can expect frequent change of tasks, working closely with others as part of a team, and frequent tedious exacting work.