There is an immediate need for this position to continually update and monitor our Social Media accounts and the messaging and branding on our website. This position would monitor and respond to all general email requests that are received. As well, there is a need to ensure that our printed material (program brochures, annual report, annual operating plan, etc.) are written with a common voice and provide similar information. In addition, this position would be beneficial as we develop internal and external communication regarding our Capital Planning Projects in Hamilton and Brantford, as well as other new programs or services offered across the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Develop and implement a community engagement strategy for key organizational initiatives (i.e., capital process and new programs/services development).
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs, reports, and newsletters.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles, strategies, programs and services, and keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
- Facilitate social media customer service
- Develop and ensure adherence to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce a high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the Leadership team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external role-players.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 2 years experience in communications strategy development (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work available for review.
- In addition to requirements for the position, the ideal candidate would also possess some of the following qualifications:
- Solid knowledge base of historical, intergenerational, and complex trauma as it relates to Aboriginal peoples across the life span.
- Demonstrated knowledge and compliance with all applicable laws, policies, procedures, bylaws, regulatory requirements, and best practice guidelines regarding Privacy of Healthcare Information, Corporate and Healthcare Compliance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working in a rapidly changing and innovative healthcare system. Proficiency in the use of personal computers, word processing and database software.
- Must provide proof of full vaccination or medical or religious/creed exemption upon start date.
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org