Website de dwa da dehs nye>s - Aboriginal Health Centre
Medical Administration, Hamilton Site Full-Time (3-month contract with possibility of transition to permanent position)
Salary Range $40,000 to $46,000
De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre focuses on culturally appropriate, wholistic, primary health care that includes Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Traditional Healing, and other primary health services – Mental Health Support as well as community health supports – Advocacy, Outreach and Health Promotion and Education Services. The goal of the Medical Administration Team is to perform a variety of medical administrative duties relating to support the Primary Care Team. This position is the first point of contact for patients and participants at De dwa da dehs nye>s and will act as a navigator to appropriate programs and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifiers:
The ideal candidate would possess some of the following qualifications:
• Medical Office Administration certificate or equivalent in work experience of 3-5 years in the field
• Ability to interact with diverse and cultural clients, showing compassion, sensitivity, and support with knowledge of Harm Reduction principles and practices, including a familiarity with Indigenous ways of being.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation;
• Sound computer and documentation (manual/computer based) skills with Electronic Medical Record systems and Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office capabilities.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Human Resources Aboriginal Health Centre 678 Main Street East Hamilton ON L8M 1K2
Nya:weh / Miigwetch to all applicants.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Deadline to Apply: Sunday June 20th, 2021
Please note that ONLY complete applications with cover letter will be considered. Preference is given to equal candidates of Indigenous Decent.