Closing Date: January 20, 2022 at noon
To build and promote relationships while promoting the rights and interests of MCFN and adhering to the core values of the Seven Grandfather Teachings, throughout the Consultation Process.
- Post Secondary diploma, training or credentials in environment, planning, or indigenous law/education
- OR at least 3 years direct experience in related fields
Skills and Knowledge
- An understanding of the Duty to Consult
- Knowledge of Inherent and Treaty Rights and history and how they relate to the Duty to Consult
- Good Computer skills- Microsoft applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including use of presentation software and presenting to groups
- Good at multi-tasking and time and task management- being able to juggle a lot of information and files and set and adjust priorities on the fly to meet deadlines.
- Diplomatic and empathetic- able to get across their/the Consultation Office’s needs and priorities in a way which is non-confrontational and assertive and leaving openings for negotiations of solutions where there are disagreements
- Good active listening skills- ability to listen to what others are saying and reflect it back to them in a non-confrontational and constructive way, and in order to confirm their understanding
- Knowledge of environmental issues, cultural heritage issues, and impacts of development
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new concepts
- Able to work independently and in team settings
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends when necessary; subject to strict deadlines
- Possess supervisory skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of government regulations and processes (e.g. environmental assessment) that apply to the Crown’s regulatory systems and jurisdiction within MCFN Territory
- basic knowledge of GIS, and experience working with databases/data management
- Work-related experience in a high functioning First Nation organization
- Valid G class license
- Positive Results of a Criminal Records Check
- Safe Food Handler’s Certificate or the willingness to obtain one as soon as possible
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
Salary: $40,297.50 – $56,821.50 Term: 2 year Contract
Please submit your cover letter, resume, educational credentials and three (3) work-related references to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road, Hagersville, ON
Applications will also be accepted at the email address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Admin Office or by email at email@example.com
Miigwech to all who apply.