Reporting to the Building Management Lead Hand the Building Maintenance Assistant is responsible for assisting with construction projects, the cleaning, and ground and building maintenance of all properties within the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation. The chosen candidate will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as point of contact for the department including: answering, screening calls, and responding to maintenance inquiries.
- Operate heavy equipment, chainsaw, tiller, floor cleaners, and other equipment in process of completing tasks and duties.
- Conduct minor electrical repairs, minor heavy equipment repairs, general building repairs, general building maintenance, and general daily maintenance and custodial services for different departments.
- Assist Ground Staff with the set up and/or maintenance of joint projects.
- Day to day operations and maintenance logging of work completed, outstanding work orders, supplies required, repairs needed, contract workers.
- Respond to emergencies repairs or maintenance and notify the appropriate individuals.
- Communicate professionally with contractors, tenants, community members, government official Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Clean, maintain and keep all tools organized and in good working condition.
- Participates in and completes all required SNGRDC training.
- Assist in other operations in the Property Management and/or SNGRDC portfolio to ensure customer service and operational needs are met.
- Completes WHIMIS training.
- Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are followed.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Follows and ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with one (1) years of work experience.
- Must have a minimum of Grade 10 or equivalent with two (2) years of work experience.
- A Building technician certificate or diploma an asset.
- Maintenance Mechanic or Facilities Systems Technician Apprenticeship Certificate would be an asset.
- Chainsaw certificate would be an asset.
- Basic Knowledge of electrical, Plumbing, and building construction.
- Possess a valid G Driver’s License.
- Possess or be willing to obtain WHMIS certificate.
- Possess initiative and ability to work independently.
- Experience/competency operating power tools, small/heavy equipment, custodial equipment, and farm/landscaping machinery safely.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques, mechanical knowledge and handy man skills
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines, possess good communication skills.
- Must pass police record check.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement and conduct of duties may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People.
Community Members, Contractors, Human Resources, Development Corporation Staff, Tourism Partners, and Maintenance Contractors.
- This position requires medium physical effort.
- Working indoor and outdoor and exposure to varying weather conditions.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
DIMENSIONS (FINANCIAL/STAFF) Public relations with community members
REPORTS TO Maintenance/Grounds Lead Hand
Position closes Friday June 18, 2021. All applications must be submitted by this date.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the GREAT Student Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must be registered with the GREAT Student Office.