Website Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
To increase the use of Anishnaabemowin with the children, teachers and parents at Ekwaamjigenang Children’s Centre by:
Working with the Registered Early Childhood Educators to prepare and deliver an Anishnaabemowin Program that completely reflects the children’s developmental needs and contributes to the effective operation of the childcare program while promoting and implementing practises of Anishnabe heritage in a manner that will increase the use of Anishnaabemowin.
Education and Experience
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- Two years experience working with children ages 0-6 in a formal setting (child care, camps, school, etc)
- CPR/First Aid Certification – Level C
- Safe Food Handlers Certification
- Working knowledge and understanding of Anishnaabemowin, with the ability to speak basic and conversational Ojibwe
- Ability to read and write Anishnaabemowin
- Understanding child development and language acquisition processes
- Knowledgeable of the MCFN culture
- Understanding of the Child Youth and Family Services Act
- Caring attitude towards children
- Ability to instruct drumming and singing and traditional crafts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., walking, reaching, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of professionals, families, team members and management.
- Flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to innovations in the program.
- Experience in a First Nation Community
- Fluent Anishnaabemowin
- Experience in a formal child care setting
Other Requirements Upon Hire
- Must have a current (within 6 months of the date of hire) satisfactory results from a Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector check.
- up-to-date immunization records, or a letter stating exemption on grounds of religion, conscience or medical recommendation.
- Must provide a current Health Assessment signed by a health care practitioner (form provided by the Employer).
- May consist of both indoor and outdoor programming.
- Must have the ability to take direction and work independently and in a group setting.
- May involve exposure to bodily fluids, infectious diseases, and frequent high noise levels.
Salary: $36,662.50 – $51,350.50
Please submit your cover letter, resume, proof of educational qualifications and three current references to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Administration Building or by email at email@example.com
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.