Website Grand River Rafting
Grand River Rafting is located in Paris Ontario. We are an outdoor paddling company hosting over 40,000 people yearly. Our staff positions involve training in six different positions.
- Load and unload appropriate type & quantity of boats for the day
- Securely strap down all boats and equipment
- Call supervisor if you notice something missing right away
- Greet customers and confirm their reservation
- Ensure waivers are complete and that each group has dry bag and instruct where to go next
- Greet customers, pick out appropriate pfds and ensure proper fit
- Ensure that customers have the right number and type of paddle for their boats
- Take customer through the map of where they are going, things to avoid and things do along the way. Also cover weather and flow rates.
- Greet the people when they arrive
- Get the appropriate boat… and help the customer get into the boat with instruction on how to adjust and operate.
- Offer helpful tips especially if you see someone struggling
Exiting the River team:
- Greeting Customer and telling them where to safely exit the river.
- Direct them where to place garbage, paddles, pfds, and any other GRR equipment. As well as where washrooms and cars are.
- Take their boat for them and put it in the appropriate place.
- Keep equipment & area clean, pick up any garbage in equipment and on ground
This is a job where you physically work hard. If you want an easy job where you won’t break a sweat… then this is not the job for you.
Very important to being our staff, are these factors:
- Every job is everyone’s job
- Looking ahead for what can be done vs waiting for instruction
- If not sure, ask a fellow team member
- Offer help, if you see someone still doing a job, when you have finished a task
- Following instructions
- Be able to handle difference of opinion
We are ranked in the top 2% out of 2,000 outdoor adventures in Ontario… customer service is what sets us apart. And the top 10% worldwide
- Friendly in greeting people with words and body language
- Comfortable talking to people of all ages
- Public Speaking skills
- Checking that customers are properly equipped before leaving your area
- On time (15 minutes early)
- Responsible for getting yourself to work
- Responsible to find a staff replacement if you are not available
- Normally 10 hour shift… 4 days a week… variety of start times from 6am til 12pm…
- Working all Weekends
- Breaks during downtime
Be prepared to come in, but be aware that sometimes shifts are cancelled
- Well Rested
- Modest Clothing
- Heat/Cold and Rain Prepared
- Able to lift
- Good footwear and rain gear
- Like working outside
- Comfortable using porta potties
- You are allowed to have your phone on you.
- If it is a call from one of your coworkers regarding work, then get back to them when you have a minute
- If it is something personal, then wait until there is a break.
- We want our customers to not be aware you have a phone.
- Supply shirts
- Free use of boats for you and a friend
- Paid training
- Free camping at Brant Park
- Wages $13.40 or $14.25 plus 4% vacation pay
- Paid every 2 weeks (work for 2 weeks then pay will be on the 3rd Thursday for the prior 2 weeks from Sunday to Saturday
- Statutory pay on Holiday
- Overtime at 1.5x after 44 hours/week
- If you stay the full season… we pay a bonus in the Fall