Website Haldimand-Norfolk REACH
Haldimand-Norfolk REACH is a multi-service agency, providing Autism & Behaviour Services, Child & Youth Mental Health Services, Developmental Services, Youth Services, Adult Counselling Services, and several Early Learning Intervention & Care services including EarlyON Child & Family Centres and the Community Action Program for Children.
H-N REACH serves as the Lead Agency for Haldimand-Norfolk Child & Youth Mental Health Services, Coordinated Service Planning and the Student Nutrition Program in the Hamilton/Niagara Region. Through our Contact Unit, the agency serves as the single point of access for a variety of children’s services.
- REACH is recognized as a local leader in community education, advocacy, inter-sector collaboration and Community Service Planning.
Autism & Behavioural Services Unit Behaviour Support Program
BEHAVIOUR THERAPIST Ref. #2023-32
Full-time, Temporary, Salaried
–contract to March 31st, 2024
- Provide behaviour support services to families and their children & youth who have a developmental
- Develop & implement behaviour support strategies based on information obtained through assessment
- Create specific goals utilizing non-aversive behavioural programs and treatment strategies for the modification of children’s behaviour to enable optimal functioning in home, school and social settings
- Consult & liaise with community agencies, professionals and referral sources regarding programming needs/supports required to meet the individual’s
- University degree in the behavioural or social sciences with focus on developmental psychology and/or human behaviour or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in the children’s developmental service field
- Excellent verbal & communication skills
- Knowledge of the Haldimand & Norfolk communities and their resources
- Basic computer literacy
- Criminal & Judicial Matters and Vulnerable Sector Record Checks, Children’s Aid Society Declaration/Release
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence, $2 million liability insurance, clear driver abstract and use of a
Please submit a cover letter (citing the reference # above) & resume by email to email@example.com by June 7th, 2023 to:
Lynn Tessaro, Human Resources Manager
101A Nanticoke Creek Parkway, Townsend, ON, N0A 1S0
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted Please contact us if you require accommodation
A United Way member Agency