Grand River Enterprises (GRE)
Title: Security PM Shift Supervisor
Job Term: Full-time, permanent
Schedule: 2-week schedule, 5:45pm to 6am
The Security Shift Supervisor is responsible for directing a team of Security Guards and reporting directly to the Security Department Supervisor. The Shift Supervisor should lead by example to ensure the overall security of Grand River Enterprises grounds is implemented. He/she is responsible for the safety of Grand River Enterprises employees, property, and visitors. The Security Shift Supervisor must instill a strong sense of safety to all persons within Grand River Enterprises.
- Adhere to and ensure that all GRE policies and procedures are implemented.
- Ensure a working knowledge of Security Guard Manual policies and procedures.
- Ensure sufficient staffing for each shift.
- Oversee all security and surveillance issues.
- Oversee and maintain the administration of security programs.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities and report to Security Supervisor.
- Assist department supervisors with carrying out the rules and regulations of GRE.
- Be prepared to lead in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field or acceptable combination of experience and equivalent skills required.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license (G class minimum required).
- Valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) preferred.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Must be able to effectively follow and give directions.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork to report abnormalities or incidents.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Competent computer skills (E-mail, Microsoft Word, etc.).
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and provide good customer care.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Atypical work hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Overtime as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.