Posting Date: Thursday, August 18, 2022
Posting ID: 083
Atlohsa Family Healing Services is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to fill the role of Indigenous Research Assistant. The main priority of the Indigenous Research Assistant is to work collaboratively with the Giwetashkad Homelessness Team to contribute to Strategic Directions 3 & 4 of the Giwetashkad Indigenous Homelessness Strategic Plan 2020-2023.
Role and Responsibility
The successful applicant will review current best practices and approaches to alleviating Indigenous homelessness, grounded in Indigenous-led, culture-based, and land-based approaches to support the implementation of Atlohsa’s Indigenized Housing First Model. The Indigenous Research Assistant will assist in content development and research for the Giiwitaabiwag Indigenous Cultural Safety Training Series for homelessness service providers and will have opportunity to facilitate trainings. The Indigenous Research Assistant will work closely with the Giwetashkad Indigenous Homelessness Team, to implement program evaluation surveys, including collecting and analyzing data to contribute to a developmental evaluation. The Indigenous Research Assistant will work collaboratively with support from the Giwetashkad team to create culturally relevant housing and homelessness assessment tools, accompanying processes, and promote broad use of the tools within allied partner organizations. The Indigenous Research Assistant will support an overall community education strategy aimed at increasing capacity to support Indigenous peoples experiencing homelessness, and systems-level change to alleviate Indigenous homelessness by supporting overall functioning of the Giwetashkad Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent college certificate preferred (Social Justice, Social Work/Social Service Worker, Indigenous Studies, Communications, Education, Health, or related field)
- Must have a sound, solid, and grounded Indigenous identity, and balanced level of personal wellness
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of languages, history, and cultures of the Indigenous population in the London region
- Experience working with marginalized individuals in social/community programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ease and confidence in presenting complex information in group settings
- Experience leading research projects, through various phases of completion
- Demonstrated knowledge of anti-oppressive and Indigenous Research Methods, and understanding of community research ethics (OCAP Certification preferred)
- Experience in curriculum development, preparing reports, written communications, and research materials
- Skills in conflict resolution, mediation, and negotiation to build trust and resolve disagreements across different perspectives and ability to interact with others as defined in the Atlohsa Code of Conduct
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal relations, creative collaboration, problem-solving, and community development
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and receive constructive feedback and supervision towards professional goals
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing workload demands in fast paced environment
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full-time contract position to March 31, 2023 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
REMUNERATION: Competitive compensation and benefits package based on qualifications
Individuals who self-identify as First Nations, Metis or Inuit are strongly encouraged to apply. It is beneficial to state if you are Indigenous or have lived expertise relevant to the position. At Atlohsa, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, however preferences will be given to qualified, Indigenous applicants.
Please submit a cover letter and resume or referral to: Atlohsa Family Healing Services Inc.
641 Jubilee Road Muncey, ON N0L 1Y0
Tel No. 519-438-0068 | Fax No.: 519-438-0070 | Email: email@example.com
Full Job Description Available Upon Request. We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.