Website Qualia Counselling Services
Bacholor or Master Degree in Social Work OR Psychotherapist
Qualia Counselling Services Brantford and Ohsweken Six Nations, ON
We are currently seeking several Clinical Social Workers and Psychotherapists to join our team! Due to our steady and progressive growth, we have several opportunities available to work at our various clinics, either as Full / Part-Time Employees, or as Independent Contractors, supporting children, adults, couples, and families in our communities.
Qualia Counselling Services is a Cognitive Behaviour psychotherapy, coaching, and training practice with six clinics in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Six Nations & Brantford. We also have a rigorous teaching and training program that provides training online, in Kitchener and across Ontario.
We are committed to providing premium mental health services, offering what we consider to be a gold standard of psychotherapeutic care. We have a mixed employee and contractor work model and staff approximately 100 individuals company-wide. We operate from values of Professional Excellence, Authentic Community, Strength of Character & Alleviation of Suffering. We are committed to serving a variety of populations including priority populations like Children & Youth, Indigenous, and LGBTQ+ populations.
Why join our team?
- Flexible employment arrangements to meet your stage of life and career path
- 10-28 clinical hours per week, days and evenings
- Pay per direct client hour employment model – flexibility of hours, starting pay range of $50-$85 per direct client hour; paid supervision hours; Health Benefits Package or Private Health Services Package, pay in lieu of vacation OR contractor rates OR open to negotiating full-time salary packages
- You choose your own initial schedule based on office availability
- Rigorous individual, peer, and group supervision is provided by highly qualified supervisors
- Premium mental health treatment resources and clinical support to offer the most professionally excellent care to clients
- Great office facilities, full administrative support is provided
OPPORTUNITES: opportunities to pursue your career interests, teaching positions, and research positions
- The responsibilities of the Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist pertain primarily to clinical work and tasks. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of high-quality, psychotherapeutic treatment grounded in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to individuals, couples, families, and groups (minimum of 10 hours, to a maximum of 28 clinical hours per week)
- Maintenance of required documentation and paperwork pertaining to clinical interactions
- Follow the code of ethics outlined by the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers/College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Dedicated to Truth & Reconciliation Calls to Action
- Maintain case notes that are a model of good record-keeping and documenting
- If admitted to the research team then some additional research responsibilities will be involved and compensated for
REQUIREMENTS: Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work, Master of Social Work from an educational institution recognized by the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or another Master degree related to psychotherapy, counselling, mental health (for example Masters of Arts)
- Has foundational and advanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy training, or is willing to acquire this
- Registered in good standing with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Experience in clinical social work/mental health counselling Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced counselling skills demonstration for both clinical and sub-clinical issues across a wide variety of people groups
- Preferred knowledge of CBT both generically and for DSM 5 Disorders
- Preference for those with experience working with children or adolescents or willing to
- Ability to use Microsoft Office 365 and Jane Practice Management Software
- Preference for those able to work an evening or two per week
- Able to acquire your own professional liability insurance
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualia is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance through any part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be pleased to facilitate that for you. We engage in indigenous staff recruitment to especially work in our First Nations sites. We encourage you to apply and identify (if you are comfortable) by stating the First Nation or indigenous group you belong to if this applies.