Job Posting – Program Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: Manager of Training, Development and Delivery
CLASSIFICATION: Permanent, Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $51,006.57 – $65,308.62
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
POSTING DATE: October 13th, 2021
CLOSING DATE: November 3rd, 2021
Reporting to the department manager or designate, the Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the Family Well-Being Department in the development and delivery of ANCFSAO information and/or training sessions and resources to support member Agencies and their partners, as well to Children’s Aid Societies and other external organizations. The Program Assistant will schedule, organize, and revise materials, program guides, best practice documents, briefing notes, courses on behalf of ANCFSAO, and assist in administrative supports related to the implementation of a range of prevention and training initiatives.
- Schedule, coordinate, and prepare engagement, networking, collaboration and training sessions:
- Edit program guides, best practices reports and documents to meet identified prevention, and admission prevention needs incorporating Anishinabek culture, values, traditions, and teachings into programming where applicable based on the edit notes.
- Edit training curriculum to meet identified training needs incorporating Anishinabek culture, values, traditions, and teachings into programming where applicable based on the edit notes.
- Compile and distribute applicable resources, presentations, participant manuals and participant packages.
- Schedule applicable sessions using approved work plans.
- Develop tracking systems for distributed/received inquiries and promote scheduled events / programs.
- Coordinate facilitators, guest speakers, facilities/online platforms, food, accommodations, travel, resources, participants, and other requirements.
- Prepare attendance sheets, evaluation forms and electronic storage for templates.
- Develop promotional information related to events or agency initiatives, including a calendar of events and keep up to date.
- Edit, revise user agreements, service contracts and prepare for Managers’ approval.
- Collaborate internally and with other agencies and providers for coordinating and scheduling events/activities/sessions.
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education with a focus on office administration, information technology, or related field with experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing forms, templates and computer skills to apply a variety of technical mechanisms into presentations (i.e.- video clips)
- Three (3) years experience in an administration role with prevention services, child welfare or Indigenous Well-being role would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with First Nation, Inuit and Métis peoples, organizations, and communities with lived experience in culture and tradition as an Indigenous person in Canada.
Please email with the Subject Line Program Assistant, and the following items to Tyler Renaud, ANCFSAO Executive Assistant at HRGeneral@ancfsao.ca. A Cover letter outlining why you are the most qualified candidate for this role including your experience working directly with First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples, Communities and Organizations.
- Resume (include 3 work related references).
- Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
- Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our Agency is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free environment for all our candidates and employees. Should you at any time have an accessibility need or have any questions regarding the recruitment process and a full job description, please contact HR General.