Website Oneida Nation of the Thames
Position: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Political Office
Salary: $23-$25/hr depending on experience
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: October 17, 2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative duties to the CEO and general supports for the staff at the Political Office. This position serves as the first point of contact for the matters related to the Chief Executive Officer and liaises with Administration to ensure open and transparent communication.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the CEO office, assists in managing incoming enquires, and performs clerical duties including preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, setting up travel arrangements, and taking notes at meetings. The Executive Assistant provides other administrative supports for political office staff, as required.
1. College Diploma/Certification in Office Administration/Secondary education in business administration or relevant discipline preferred;
2. Two to three years’ experience as an executive assistant;
3. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
4. Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
5. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
1. The successful candidate must submit a current CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
2. The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
1. Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.